Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

ID Skin Reaction Cluster [a: no one can ID skin reactions]

(3 posts)
  1. jpalmer

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 9 2017 0:30:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello there.

I know bite reactions are totally unreliable. However, is there anything you can deduce from the pattern and/or clustering of a skin reaction? Does the following image of a cluster of red marks look bedbuggy? Is it a different kind of skin reaction altogether? (Oh Lord I hope it is!)

P.S. one thing you must know is that I have OCD. And sensitive skin. I've been obsessing about the danger of bed bugs for almost a week now, and I'm finally beginning to come down from the fear. Everything I've discovered seems to disconfirm them. Your understanding and encouragement is so warmly appreciated.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 9 2017 10:00:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Skin irritations can't be visually linked to an insect bite, it would have to be biopsied. No confirming evidence on the other hand is good news.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 10 2017 0:58:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Even if biopsied, my understanding is the dermatologist can tell you an insect bit you but not that a bed bug did. But they may be able to positively ID other causes.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234