(11 posts)
  1. Panicked

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 9:24:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Is this a bed bug?!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141671373@N07/shares/6n6o97

I washed some items of clothes and noticed when I took them out of the washing machine there were quite a few bits stuck to them. Mainly on the dark clothes, but probably because they were more easily seen. When u look at them closely they are small bugs. Please see below.

However, this one has me worried the most. It looks just like it could have been a bedbug!! Can anyone put me out of my misery! Hoping I have enough identifiable parts in the pictures to tell. Obviously I think it may have been thro the wash so could be distorted.

Also, could anyone help with the other pictures all of which were stuck to my clothes as some of those look like cast skins. But I'm hoping they are booklice, which I'm always finding. Many thanks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141671373@N07/shares/09Y9Ei

Hope the links have worked. Too many pics to post individually!

2. Panicked

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 10:42:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Some more close up pics of back end

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141671373@N07/shares/d799EQ

3. HifromChi

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 10:56:39
    #

Login to Send PM

That's an interesting looking specimen for sure, I'm interested in what Lou has to say. I don't think it's a bed bug, but I'm not sure what the heck it is. Great pics by the way.

4. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 11:07:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like a mite

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  5. Panicked

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 11:20:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm hoping it is a mite although I think too big for that?? The antenna look quite big on head if you know what I mean for bed bug, but I cannot find anything else that remotely resembles it. It almost looks like 2 little legs on top of the back end in last pics I posted. Petty sure that is the top of bug. Some of the white skins I posted also looked like there were 2 little points at the end of abdomen. Maybe baby earwigs?? I have no idea. Can't stop worrying.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 11:47:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its not a bed bug.

It is most likely an aphid or close relative which are in fact very distant relatives to bed bugs.

Nothing to worry about unless your a plant.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  7. Panicked

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 14:55:16
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 3 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    Its not a bed bug.
    It is most likely an aphid or close relative which are in fact very distant relatives to bed bugs.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Thanks very much David!! Never thought to look at Aphids. Usually associate them with being green. My bug certainly has all the characteristics of an Aphid!! Fingers crossed Lou doesn't disagree. Was it the photos of the back end I put on with those tiny leg like things showing that done it!? Lol.

I'm hoping Lou can shed some light on the other insects, and shells/skins. Do you have any idea? There were lots of them. Photos are just a few. Thanks again

8. Panicked

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 3:35:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi I see the title has been updated, however, As per my comments, I would still like some feedback on the second set of pictures that I included. Thanks very much

9. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 5:40:18
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsbugme - 18 hours ago  » 
    Looks like a mite

No. Only 6 legs. Cornicles are on rear and not legs.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  10. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 5:42:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Panicked - 14 hours ago  » 

Hi,
    Its not a bed bug.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Thanks very much David!! Never thought to look at Aphids. Usually associate them with being green. My bug certainly has all the characteristics of an Aphid!! Fingers crossed Lou doesn't disagree. Was it the photos of the back end I put on with those tiny leg like things showing that done it!? Lol.
    I'm hoping Lou can shed some light on the other insects, and shells/skins. Do you have any idea? There were lots of them. Photos are just a few. Thanks again

Your plants have to worry. These look like shed skins of aphids. The cornicles are on the rear of the insects, are not legs, so mite is incorrect.

11. Panicked

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 9:39:30
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 3 hours ago  » 

Panicked - 14 hours ago  » 

Hi,
    Its not a bed bug.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Your plants have to worry. These look like shed skins of aphids. The cornicles are on the rear of the insects, are not legs, so mite is incorrect.

Many thanks Lou and its good that you agree that the first pics are of an aphid as David has suggested. And I'm glad to hear that the second set contains nothing to worry about regarding bedbugs and are too from aphids. Weird as I thought some were baby spiders? Just now need to work out how on earth I managed to wash so many aphids in my washing machine!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,051 posts in 42,687 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us