Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

ID Please - Bed Bug or Cockroach? [a: cockroach]

(3 posts)
  1. marissa07

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Apr 26 2013 17:38:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi guys, thanks in advance for your help.
    I spray our house with Diatomaceous Earth for pest control and found this dead bug near a nook (a little space where a wall meets a floor). As you can see in the picture, it's covered in white, i.e. Diatomaceous Earth and I think Diatomaceous Earth did a good job drying out and killing this bug.
    I initially thought it was a cockroach (hairy legs), but now I'm not so sure. Can anybody identify this bug? I just hope it's not a bed bug (worst case scenario). I doubt it is though because I found this about a couple weeks ago and my family hasn't experienced any bites whatsoever.

Thanks so much!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Apr 26 2013 18:49:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It's a roach. The best way to treat your home for roaches is to use the pheromone sachets on glue boards.

Never any point in trying to treat for things until you know they are 100% there.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. marissa07

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Apr 26 2013 19:10:45
    #

Login to Send PM

David,

Thanks so much for IDing the bug as well as your suggestion!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,479 posts in 43,022 topics over 129 months by 18,879 of 19,438 members. Latest: tinmp, summabitches, WhatAreThese