(11 posts)
  1. Angelique

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 3:39:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

Found a squased bug under my sock. Later I also saw a streak of blood on my white sock, so now I'm freaking out. Because I don't know bugs that leave blood when chrused other than musquito's and bedbugs.
    I couldn't get a beter photo. But I hope it is enough to id.

Thanks.

See next reaction for photo's

2. Angelique

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 3:42:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Another attempt

Bedbug?
    Bedbug?

3. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 7:45:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you looked all around the mattress seams, and box spring, and other hiding places by your bed for other signs like the little pepper spot fecal drops or bugs/skins? It's hard to tell from a smashed one

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 8:11:20
    #

Login to Send PM

This isn't a bed bug. Too bad it's smashed. Might be a small fly, but wings are missing and I'm going by the legs and some setae that are left on the body.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Angelique

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 8:42:55
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 29 minutes ago  » 
    This isn't a bed bug. Too bad it's smashed. Might be a small fly, but wings are missing and I'm going by the legs and some setae that are left on the body.

Can you explain substance on the sock that was red and looked like fresh blood? It was definitely from the bug. Is it possible it is a flea?

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 21:27:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Angelique - 12 hours ago  » 

Can you explain substance on the sock that was red and looked like fresh blood? It was definitely from the bug. Is it possible it is a flea?

No, not really. Sometimes red is a natural color like I said. I said possibly a small fly, not flea.

7. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 23:03:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Angelique - 14 hours ago  » 

When I kill flies (too often), I noticed that, despite not having true blood, there is almost always a blood-looking substance on the swatter. And we get little red bugs around the pool that are bright red when squished. So, red isn't always blood per se. I guess the red on your sock could be pigments or other fluids from the bug you killed.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  8. Angelique

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 1:49:23
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 4 hours ago  » 

Angelique - 12 hours ago  » 

No, not really. Sometimes red is a natural color like I said. I said possibly a small fly, not flea.

Thanks for your help!

9. Angelique

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 1:49:48
    #

Login to Send PM

nomorebuggs - 2 hours ago  » 

Angelique - 14 hours ago  » 

When I kill flies (too often), I noticed that, despite not having true blood, there is almost always a blood-looking substance on the swatter. And we get little red bugs around the pool that are bright red when squished. So, red isn't always blood per se. I guess the red on your sock could be pigments or other fluids from the bug you killed.

Thank you!

10. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 6:00:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you still have the insect in question? If you want to send it to me, I can examine and be able to tell you what it is.

11. Angelique

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 13:55:02
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 day ago  » 
    Do you still have the insect in question? If you want to send it to me, I can examine and be able to tell you what it is.

No sorry I havent got it anymore. And I'm from the Netherlands, so not very easy if I still had it.
    I'm happy it's not a Bedbug.
    Thanks again.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234