ID PLEASE!! [a: mite]

(9 posts)
  1. ash12325

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Jul 15 2017 20:11:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I've had these detectors for about two months now and nothing happened until last night I found this. Can someone please ID if it's a bed bug??! I'm sorry if it's a bit hard to see.

http://imgur.com/CyEjDXm
    http://imgur.com/4K5r1vi

2. Mawiwala

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 1:54:34
    #

Login to Send PM

No i can't id but too much legs to be a bed bug. Could this be a spider? Can you count the legs? Outline is defenitley not from a bed bug.

3. ash12325

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 2:21:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 24 minutes ago  » 
    No i can't id but too much legs to be a bed bug. Could this be a spider? Can you count the legs? Outline is defenitley not from a bed bug.

Hello, thank you for your reply! And yes it seems to have six legs and the top ones seem maybe like antennas. I'm not sure though. It seems like a bed bug nymph to me.

4. Mawiwala

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 3:22:10
    #

Login to Send PM

It is not possible to identify with this picture. Take it out ofthe interceptor and try one with better light and resolution. I don't think by that picture it is a bb.

5. ash12325

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 4:56:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 1 hour ago  » 
    It is not possible to identify with this picture. Take it out ofthe interceptor and try one with better light and resolution. I don't think by that picture it is a bb.

Do you know how I can take the detector apart safety so nothing happens with it?? Thank you.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 7:02:17
    #

Login to Send PM

ash12325 - 10 hours ago  » 
    I've had these detectors for about two months now and nothing happened until last night I found this. Can someone please ID if it's a bed bug??! I'm sorry if it's a bit hard to see.
    http://imgur.com/CyEjDXm
    http://imgur.com/4K5r1vi

Hello, thank you for your reply! And yes it seems to have six legs and the top ones seem maybe like antennas. I'm not sure though. It seems like a bed bug nymph to me.

I answered under another of your postings. Not an insect. There are no antennae. It is a mite. Please compare pictures of bed bug first instar nymphs to this. You will see they look nothing at all alike.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 16 2017 23:40:06
    #

Login to Send PM

What brand of "detector" is that?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. ash12325

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 0:49:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 1 hour ago  » 

Hi Nobugsonme, the brand is raid.

9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 0:51:27
    #

Login to Send PM

ash12325 - 1 day ago  » 

Nobugsonme - 1 hour ago  » 

Hi Nobugsonme, the brand is raid.

I don't know how to take those apart but if this would help you, post a new thread with that question in the title. Anyone able to answer may not see this.

It might be even better to contact customer service at Raid. They probably have a toll-free number.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

263,718 posts in 42,630 topics over 128 months by 18,711 of 19,242 members. Latest: Brightly79, InaneVelocity, ElisaR