Thu May 18 2017 16:26:54
    #

Login to Send PM

2. bedbugsbugme

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 17:04:11
    #

Login to Send PM

The shape is right for it to be a bed bug or close relative. But the picture is too blurry to be 100%. Could you try taking a closer picture with more light so an expert can get a good look at it?

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 17:10:18
    #

Login to Send PM

bedbugsbugme - 4 minutes ago  » 
    The shape is right for it to be a bed bug or close relative. But the picture is too blurry to be 100%. Could you try taking a closer picture with more light so an expert can get a good look at it?

Adult female bed bug. Picture is slightly blurry. Of course, there's a chance that this bug could be a bat bug, but doubtful.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Nervous4Life

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 17:41:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the confirmation. We are having our house fumigated Monday.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 18:34:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Nervous4Life - 51 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you for the confirmation. We are having our house fumigated Monday.

How many bed bugs have been found so far? Do you know the reason why you have bed bugs present in your home? Any inspections to see if they exist in various places in your home?

6. Nervous4Life

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 21:39:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I've just found this one in the bathroom. Which I thought was weird. Unless I got them somewhere like the grocery store it would make sense that one made it into my luggage during one of the two trips I took at the beginning of March. We had an inspection around when I noticed a couple marks on my arm that didn't turn up anything. It wasn't very thorough though (My inspection seemed much more detailed) so I had a k-9 team out that alerted to my luggage and a blanket but they did not confirm anything... which I didn't know to ask for at the time. This may seem like overkill but since we need to put our house up for sale in a couple weeks so I don't see any other way to 100% eliminate this before we sell and move. From what I've read on here it sounds like there's rarely ever just one, right?

7. misery

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu May 18 2017 23:46:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you share any walls with neighbors?

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri May 19 2017 4:56:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Nervous4Life - 7 hours ago  » 
    I've just found this one in the bathroom. Which I thought was weird. Unless I got them somewhere like the grocery store it would make sense that one made it into my luggage during one of the two trips I took at the beginning of March. We had an inspection around when I noticed a couple marks on my arm that didn't turn up anything. It wasn't very thorough though (My inspection seemed much more detailed) so I had a k-9 team out that alerted to my luggage and a blanket but they did not confirm anything... which I didn't know to ask for at the time. This may seem like overkill but since we need to put our house up for sale in a couple weeks so I don't see any other way to 100% eliminate this before we sell and move. From what I've read on here it sounds like there's rarely ever just one, right?

Your trip in the beginning of March sounds like that is the reason for 1 bed bug and marks (if these are bed bug feeding marks). That was an error of the K9 team to not visually confirm luggage and blanket. No other hits in your home by the dogs?
    Your home is attached or free standing? Is there an attic?

9. Nervous4Life

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri May 19 2017 6:44:30
    #

Login to Send PM

The blanket was actually folded up sitting on a chair in my infant daughters room and the luggage was in the closet near her room so I dragged it out and put in there for the inspection. Those were the only alerts in the whole house. The bug was found in my master bathroom in my room.
    And yes, this is a free standing house.

10. Nervous4Life

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri May 19 2017 6:46:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry. There is an attic.

11. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri May 19 2017 10:34:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Have you observed any birds or bats active in the area?

It may be worth doing a few circuits of the property around dusk to see if anything is obvious.

I cant recall the paper but I do remember reading in certain parts of the US bat and bird bugs are much more common than bed bugs.

In a stand alone setting an unfed bug found in the bathroom will always stand out as unusual given bed bugs preference for being close to resting food sources.

I would strong advise that you check the finer details of the sample before the treatment starts to avoid using the wrong treatment patterns in this case.

You can access a diagnostic chart at http://www.batbugs.com .

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  12. Nervous4Life

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri May 19 2017 13:22:09
    #

Login to Send PM

The sample I found is gone. It pains me to even type this but after I took those photos I dropped it and it and lost it. It had a couple legs ripped off at that point so I don't see how it could have gotten far. But we looked and couldn't find it anywhere. There isn't a bird or bat problem that I'm aware of either. The random bird nest on the light above our garage but that's it.

13. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri May 19 2017 15:10:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I wish the K9 company had done a better job and visually verified. Absent any other definitive information, I don't think the infestation exists. The dog should have hit on any other bed bugs in the home. Can you tell me where you live and what the name of K9 teams is? You can PM me if that's easier.

14. Nervous4Life

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri May 19 2017 16:19:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. I sent you a message.

15. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Sat May 20 2017 20:06:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Nervous4Life - 1 day ago  » 
    Thanks. I sent you a message.

I received and answered. So far no evidence that you have a bed bug infestation and looks like only 1 individual found. K9 detection plus visual verification are needed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

263,726 posts in 42,631 topics over 128 months by 18,711 of 19,242 members. Latest: Brightly79, InaneVelocity, ElisaR