(3 posts)
  1. anon514

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 18:20:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Been getting bit for a while, and it itch. I bought one of these
    https://www.amazon.com/Aspectek-20W-Electronic-Commercial-eliminator/dp/B00I0G0JXE/ref=pd_bxgy_86_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=B5T6B9X8V8Z97VCGBX5V

And eventually saw one of these crawling toward it.
    https://imgur.com/a/IVSuA

As it was just getting there, I took pictures, poked it, and it jumped right onto the light.

I've seen a few like that since. As I was putting a bed cover and had my phone plugged in and the cord going to the bed, one crawled up on it. It was completely bright in the room. Any idea what they are?

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 7 2017 8:20:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like a cigarette beetle. This infests tobacco, many kinds of spices, flour, spaghetti, dry dog and cat food, etc.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. anon514

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Oct 7 2017 9:02:30
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 32 minutes ago  » 
    Looks like a cigarette beetle. This infests tobacco, many kinds of spices, flour, spaghetti, dry dog and cat food, etc.

lou, thank you for the response! It's very appreciated. Upon reading on cigarette beetles now, it does seem like it could be it. Though, in person they appear much darker than the pictures I seem to be seeing online.

I also noted in reading that they do not bite. Would my bites likely be caused by something else? I have been particularly concerned with spreading whatever is biting me to my partner who lives in a different apartment.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd