ID needed: Carpet beetle? [a: not bed bugs; specific ID needed]

(2 posts)
  1. helpm3

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 16:21:09
    #

Login to Send PM

for the past couple weeks i've been waking up with one or two new tiny, itchy red spots each day. today i stripped off all my bedding and did a thorough search, finding only this (bobby pin for scale):

full res: http://imgur.com/a/E8wPZ

it doesn't look like a bed bug to me, so could it be a carpet beetle? could it be causing the bite-like reactions on my skin? i have seen one or two carpet beetles in my flat before (at least, that's what i think they were) but never had this kind of reaction until recently. that makes me suspicious that maybe something else (like bed bugs) is causing it. what should i do?

thanks!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Mar 15 2017 18:00:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bed bugs.

Its a larva of something, maybe Lou can species ID.

Its also possible to suddenly develop a reaction because the conditions in the home can suddenly change to create the issue, from something simple like the wrong shoes that generate static to drying of the air that reduced humidity and increases static potential.

If you cant find signs of bed bugs best to go with the signs you do have.

I have written many times about carpet beetles.

Hope this helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,526 posts in 41,334 topics over 126 months by 18,111 of 18,532 members. Latest: Pleasedontbebbs, pleezehelp, tarito