(4 posts)
  1. outofleft

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Mar 13 2017 11:33:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey all,

I'm not a paranoid person, but once I get a plausible idea in my head I can't let it go. I live in NYC, so obviously bedbug risk is high.

This morning my arm started itching and I got 5 raised bumps, like hives or a really mild bug bites, a little itchy but not bad. But they were 3 in a straight line, and then two more in a a different line, like an small angle. So I thought bedbugs.

This morning I was washing my sheets and found these on the top of the mattress (quarter for scale). They don't necessarily match sample photos, but I just wanted some advice because I'm paranoid as heck right now haha.

Do they look like they could be any evidence of bed bugs? Thank you in advance!!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Mar 13 2017 11:46:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No they are not bed bug related.

The suspected faecal is too dark, too homogeneous, see the images below:

502bd839d1a by David Cain, on Flickr

or

Slide40 by David Cain, on Flickr

Cast skins are always more intact, partly because they are so light the "air wave" that occurs before they could be crushed sends them flying. A good example image is:

Slide6 by David Cain, on Flickr

or:

castskinstacker2 by David Cain, on Flickr

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. outofleft

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Mar 13 2017 11:48:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Bless you! My paranoia has abated. Still a little worried about the bites, my roommate suggested they were a spider, I suppose it could be the case (I certainly hope so). Thanks!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Mar 13 2017 12:21:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There is an underlying anxiety trigger in focusing on symptoms rather than facts. Sometimes all it takes is being aware that such a trigger exists in most people and that it is in fact the "normal" response (it is certainly the most populous).

It's why I am always drumming the message:

• Live samples
    • Cast skins
    • Faecal traces

It makes it easier to deal with things than the darker times where "three bites in a row" aka "breakfast dinner lunch" and appearance ruled. If for no other reason than education and understanding are often the best tools in combating that anxiety in the long run.

Hope that helps.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,792 posts in 43,544 topics over 131 months by 19,074 of 19,667 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1