Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

I still don't understand fecal spots / blood stains.

(7 posts)
  1. ooo

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun May 31 2009 22:56:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Can someone explain to me what these means? Fecal spots are the black / grey spots on comforters, pillow cases clothes right? They are generally in an oval shape and excreted by the bed bug. Blood stains are when the bed bug actually gets squished? Is this correct?

2. ctd2009

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jun 1 2009 0:43:45
    #

Login to Send PM

are the fecal spots about 1/4-1/2 inch in length and hard? i found a few they look like legs that fell off something?

3. ooo

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jun 1 2009 0:57:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Nope they are about 1/4 of an inch in diameter but they are not hard. I think I'm mistaking old blood spots as fecal spots, I mean it's on my comforter and stained to my pillow case, etc.

4. ctd2009

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jun 1 2009 1:00:56
    #

Login to Send PM

i found some of these long/hard ones on the carpet today and yesterday, rubbed aganst the wall and it turns grey/smears

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jun 1 2009 10:45:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Please take a pictures because I cant honestly tell what on earth you are trying to describe.

If you post a pic I will reply but without it good luck.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bedbug infestations in domestic and commercial settings. The patent numbers are GB2463953 and GB2470307.

"Astral Entomologist - because so many people say my ideas are out of this world"
  6. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jun 1 2009 12:29:00
    #

Login to Send PM

The best descriptions I can give you of the blood spots/fecal traces are this. (And since I'm not a pro, I'm not really sure which are which. I just know what the things I found on my sheets looked like.)

One type of indicator looks like you took an indelible felt-tip marker (like a Sharpie) and left its cap off so that it's tip came into contact with the fabric and the ink bled into a stain in the fabric.

The other indicators looked like little tiny dots of tar that had been dripped onto the surface of the item in question. I had those on my sheets, but unlike the Sharpie-like stains, these were small raised dots.

In trying to describe them to a friend who was leaving for Europe last week, I actually compared them to Dots candy. You know the little candy dots that come in bright colors that are basically cemented to a strip of paper?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/456907012_6a6b6d5409.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/niznoz/456907012/&usg=__9K9Pudf2jm65GOhxIiHPLrsxBcc=&h=500&w=333&sz=68&hl=en&start=10&tbnid=xvGck00HcQNnZM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=87&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcandy%2Bdots%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Those?

Now picture them much smaller and black. The reason that I went with that description is that to my untrained eye, the texture on the top of the dots was actually sort of similar to the matte and sort of grainy consistency of the candy dots. (although it's now been nearly a year, and I may be misremembering.)

I don't have a good camera, so I don't have good pictures, and I think pretty much all the signs in my apartment were on fabric, so I can't tell you what they would look like on wood or walls, but those descriptions should help.

(Also apologies to anyone in countries that don't have candy dots or Sharpies and for whom resultingly those descriptions make less sense.)

7. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jun 1 2009 14:02:09
    #

Login to Send PM

One type of indicator looks like you took an indelible felt-tip marker (like a Sharpie) and left its cap off so that it's tip came into contact with the fabric and the ink bled into a stain in the fabric.

A good description... here's a picture
    stain

The other indicators looked like little tiny dots of tar that had been dripped onto the surface of the item in question. I had those on my sheets, but unlike the Sharpie-like stains, these were small raised dots.

fecal spot

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.