Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

I need to know.. do I have BedBugs again?..

(4 posts)
  1. Gerrie.Jones

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Aug 12 2014 2:33:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, let me start by saying I'm a 15year old girl who needs help to know if I have bedbugs again...I don't know where to start so I'm gonna start by saying I've had bedbugs.. Not once, not twice, but three times. And if I have them this time. This will be number four.. I live with my mom and sister.. The first time we ever got bedbugs was before my parents got divorced. I was packing for a friends house back in summer of 2012 when bedbugs came out of the bag I was using. I ran downstairs to tell my mom that I found bugs in my bag and I think they were bedbugs.. She dumped the bag and her and my dad tried not to stress about it and left it alone..

Up until school started a few months later.. I will mention before I continue that my sister and I are allergic to the bugs and we break out in hives. Anyways, it was around 4am and My back was breaking out severely and so were my arms. I went to my mom and she took me to an emergency room.. By time I was there my hives vanished. After a short visit with the doctor we went back home. That night I was getting ready for bed. They came out of my pillow. And from that moment sparked almost a year long battle with the pests. Finally that summer we got rid of them. The apartment we were living in were heat treated. Sadly, I had a feeling they'd be back soon. Why? Because I know that they can jump from one apartment to the next. And that's exactly what they did.. I sadly was right..Our neighbors got them, and they got heat treated. And we got them. AGAIN. Instead of getting another heat treatment. My parents divorced. So my dad took our mattresses and all the furniture and put it in storage. My mom bought me and my sister new beds. She got a bed from a family member. We lived in our new apartment just fine. For a whole year. The place my dad moved to, his neighbors had bed bugs so he had to move because he got them.. Again. I forgot to mention that. As I was saying, my mother, sister, and I lived in the apartment we were at for a year. Up until we had to move due to the bank taking over the apartments we were living in and they kicked everyone out.

That brings us to March of this year, 2014. The day we were moving in to our new apartments was the day we found bedbugs. We were half way unpacking. Also, my cousins and aunt were moving in with us to. But as we were all unpacking my sister calls for my mother to come up to her room. She discontinued unpacking. My mom came in the room, BedBugs were pouring out the light socket, and the vent on the wall.
    My aunt thankfully has a good eye for the suckers. The babies are really hard to spot. So she used a flashlight to check the walls. And found the babies, barely visible, climbing on the wall. This lead to my mom buying us all bedbug covers. We notified the rental office. Thankfully they took action and came out a total of 3times to spray our apartment. I was sleeping in the basement with my mom and sister, cousins and aunt had the living room. After they were gone. (the bedbugs) I got my room back, so did my sister. About two months ago the rental office had let everyone know that there was bedbugs in the mulch. And that they would be spraying the mulch. Our apartment is at the end. And then mulch is literally outside on the side of the apartment and next to the window. My cousin one night went to close the curtains. She spotted a bedbug and notified my aunt. My aunt killed it. And then checked the whole house for them. No sign of any. Everything was okay up until Friday, August 8th. I was sitting out side on the patio. And I begun itching on my foot. (had no shoes on) I kind of broke in hives. I had a bite on my foot. I went inside after that. 20mintutes later my dad came and we went to his house until Sunday. The whole time I was there I was breaking out in hives. Not severe though, maybe just moderate. When I got home sunday night I took a shower, put fresh clothes on, and laid in bed. That whole night I was paranoid. And itching and getting rashes. The next day, I had a bite mark. And it hurt to itch it. I don't know of it was already there. But this is the first time I've ever had bites that hurt when itched. Tonight I'm in my moms room in the basement. I'm washing my sheets and close right now in hot water. My mom and cousin checked my whole room for them, used flashlights to see the offspring. They found nothing.I want to know if it's possible to have them again. I do not doubt it because it is a natural instinct for an animal or creature to flee when it's home is being destroy. (hence, spraying the mulch) could spraying the mulch have created a worse problem? could they have gotten in to our patio? I seriously need help, and advice. I know what to do if I have them. But how do we know for sure we have them again? How do we take extra measures to keep them gone? I hope someone gets to me fast. Its very stressful and I am absolutely petrified of them..

2. WorriedGuy

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Aug 12 2014 9:59:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a professional, but I don't think bedbugs would be harboring in mulch. When your primary food source is people, the buggy family's probably not going to choose to live outside in a bunch of wood chips and organic debris. I think your apartment complex is probably wrong about the source, though it certainly sounds like you have them in your building.

I'm not sure that anyone can tell you whether or not they are "back," but I can say that if your last exposure was getting itchy bumps on your patio, you may likely have been bitten by a mosquito. Bedbug bites can have a very delayed allergic reaction, but if something bit you outside... bedbugs probably wouldn't have been seeking you out on your porch. I'd put my money on that particular bite being a mosquito, but I cannot speak to whether they are in your apartment. Sorry you are going through this trouble. Are you guys taking precautions to decontaminate your things when visiting your dad and then returning? If you're not, it would be very easy to continually transmit the bugs between residences.

I'm not an expert.
  3. Gerrie.Jones

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Aug 12 2014 12:26:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, I take the extra precautions anyway. The reason why I don't bet money on it being a mosquito or another thing. Is because my aunt was outside one night with her friends and they saw bed bugs. Crawling out the mulch and one was on her shirt. I don't think that makes much sense either but that's what happened. Anyways, the next day there was one inside our house in the window. I failed to mention when my aunt checked the whole house for them after that, she also checked outside. And saw three crawling on the wall next to our door. BUT that being said it could also be fleas as we have two dogs. And they scratch like crazy now, and earlier my mom found a flea on her. I am just worried because we've had them before.. And I break out in hives and I've found some bites. And that's only ever happened with bedbugs..

4. hmmmm

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Aug 12 2014 20:26:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow. I'm not an expert and I can't give you any advice besides that you should stay patient, and keep inspecting. I hope that you don't have to go through this again, for it seems like you have been through it too much, especially for your age. All I can say is that I feel you for you- that is really awful and you must be soo strong!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,807 posts in 43,332 topics over 131 months by 18,996 of 19,572 members. Latest: April13Hincher, Bedbughell99, minicooper78