Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

I miss wanting to crawl into my bed....

(7 posts)
  1. Exhaustedsocialworker

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 21 2017 0:52:57
    #

Login to Send PM

So, anyone else miss being able to crawl into bed without first having to search it like a mad person? I am 3 weeks in and less than 1 week after heat treatment and chi l residual chemical treatment... I hope I caught them early... They migrated from my downstairs neighbors Apartment and he did not report them.. sadly he's an older man and I don't think he understands the severity and the issues bed bugs can cause. He had them for probably 4 months or more... I was just lucky to spot one! I have not had bites so I'm thinking maybe I'm not allergic. ( I'll probably wake up with a big nasty bite right on my face for actually mentioning that...lol) being a social worker I recognized what I saw immediately... So any who...I have slept with my light on for about 2 weeks now and just a light colored fitted sheet and a top sheet that I cocoon myself in... Logically I know the light and cocooning up won't help if they are hungry but it makes me feel better... I really want to cuddle up under my warm blankets like I used to...I miss looking forward to going to bed.... Sigh... I am actually only leaving the hall light on tonight that casts a bit of light into my room... Who knew an adult would be afraid of the dark! In reality I feel I can see them if the lights are on and i NEED to look quickly when I'm feeling like something is crawling... Gah! Ok... Well... Here goes nothing... Baby steps....

2. tryingforcalm

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 24 2017 0:14:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Well happy Thanksgiving and I hope you got some sleep! I rarely log on unless there is a problem (sigh) which I am dealing with again. One thing I will say: it really helps me to remember that, though exhausting and anxious-making, people get rid of bedbugs all the time. I also tend to think your infestation, if there is one, sounds relatively minor. Don't get me wrong, I am someone who panicked and got a full on treatment after seeing ONE bug, so I get freaking out. That said, I am now realizing that while it is upsetting, scary, stigmatizing etc. If you are reading, researching, taking action the odds of you getting through it are pretty good. It truly sucks, waking up with a bite sucks, but it won't kill you I promise and you will get through.

FYI, after my impulsive heat treatment 3 years ago I am dealing with bugs from another potential source, again. I really am calmer and more rational this time. You will be okay.

3. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 24 2017 12:18:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Exhaustedsocialworker - 3 days ago  » 
    So, anyone else miss being able to crawl into bed without first having to search it like a mad person?

I did for a while but now my bed feels "safe", it is my closet (near my couch) that worries me.
    The PCO didn't find any last time but I found 2 near my closet so he is coming back today.

I really admire social workers and nurses and PCOs, they do a lot of what I would never do.

Best wishes for your heat treatment.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  4. Exhaustedsocialworker

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Nov 25 2017 20:32:29
    #

Login to Send PM

So I spent 2 nights at my moms on her sofa bed over Thanksgiving because my brother was in town... Pulled the clothes I wore right out of the hot dryer and took nothing but my phone with me... Wore pajamas she had and actually bought a brand new shirt to wear... i slept great! I'm still SO paranoid I somehow took the bugs to her house... Got home tonight and took a hot bath and had a little itchy place on my leg so I told her to wash everything in the room... Haven't ever had an itchy bite and I still dried my clothes at her house even though I don't know how they could have been contaminated... I'm thinking it's psychosomatic for me at this point... Sigh

5. tryingforcalm

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Nov 26 2017 14:16:40
    #

Login to Send PM

It will pass, I promise. You will never forget the experience but the spread of bedbugs/bites/checking/monitoring will stop being an obsession.

You will love your bed again. I checked my profile and even after a recent scare last week, I still feel free from them 3 years after my most recent scare.

You are doing the right thing. Be cautious while you are getting treatment, and it will calm down.

6. Exhaustedsocialworker

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Nov 27 2017 23:32:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Sooo... caught a new bedbug IN THE KITCHEN! Actualy it was on the door frame not to far from a light socket and air vent... the lights were blazing... the exterminator was supposed to call this week to schedule a follow-up..i texted him at about 8:30 pm and he scheduled for 4pm tomorrow to check the traps and stuff... I was just starting to get a little more calm and comfortable and bam there was the little f'er... I wonder if I can put my rent in escrow or something... I'm sick with a bad head cold now and don't feel good and can't comfortably curl up on my bed or sofa like i feel like doing.. I have spent half my holiday bonus on buying tubs for clothes, had a tub of clothes stolen from my garage which lucky for the person were freshly washed, plus all the furniture in going ti be terrified to Ever move into a new place for fear of bringing them with me, not to mention time taken off work to deal with this shit all because the old guy downstairs didn't report his infestation and tried to treat it himself which them ran them upstairs to me. 2 exterminator from 2 different companies reported in front of me that they started in the lower unit... i don't think i have any recourse with the landlord because after initially telling me I had to take care of my problem them me informing him that that want whay landlord tenant law said he agreed to treatment and inspection of the other 4 units in the building... that leaves me with going after a 90 year old man that doesn't report the problem... sigh so frustrated right now!

7. Exhaustedsocialworker

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 19:28:20
    #

Login to Send PM

So, nothing in the traps...no blood on my sheets... just that one I caught in the kitchen... the exterminator examined it and said it didn't look like it had been through the chemicals but was definitely a starving bug. I noticed it was lighter in color when I caught it... I think I amuse the guy because I've caught the bugs in Ziploc bags or on packing tape then freeze them for his viewing pleasure.... lol he may or may not think I'm a nut... going to bed has gotten easier but still not totally normal...i inspect before climbing in... just emptied my dresser and saw nothing on cursory glance... the guy said to wash the rest of my clothes and then unpack my tubs add if there is anything stool in them after being washed he wants them lured to the bed so we know... fingers crossed i won't find any more!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1