Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

I know I can't fog my apartment, but what about my car?

(5 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri May 2 2008 21:22:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Can I use a fogger in my car or is that just totally out? Thanks.

2. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat May 3 2008 14:41:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I think that foggers are dangerous regardless of where they are placed. If you need to rid your car of bedbugs, contact a professional. That's my opinion!!

3. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat May 3 2008 19:07:32
    #

Login to Send PM

If using a fogger scatters bed bugs deeper into crack and crevices in a house, can you imagine where they would scatter in a vehicle? I don't think it's a good idea. I know that some k9's are trained to inspect vehicles as well. In theory, I would think that it would be easier for the dog to smell them in a vehicle for it is a contained area and the smell of the bed bug would be more apparent. I would look into that first. If it is confirmed, try and get a PCO to treat it. If not there are other options such as vikane, baking the vehicle in the hot summer sun with the heat blasting for 2-3 hours, continual use of KleenFree, DE under the seats etc... but why put yourself through all that and the anxiety of it if there may be a way to see if there are even bugs in there, in the first place.

4. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun May 4 2008 6:46:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree with Paula.

Your vehicle is a small enclosed space. A room fogger would be overkill. Foggers do not provide good penetration into voids. Proper application of any dusts or sprays is essential for these agents to be effective.

A K9 inspection could be utilized to screen your vehicle to confirm the presence of bed bugs prior to treatment.

5. bugaphobic

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri May 9 2008 4:37:07
    #

Login to Send PM

what is ok to treat your car with? I realise that summer is coming soon & I would imagine that the hot temps the inside of a car reach would certainly take care of the bb's. (Has anybody confirmed this?) But what about now?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.