Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

I know I can't fog my apartment, but what about my car?

(5 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri May 2 2008 22:22:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Can I use a fogger in my car or is that just totally out? Thanks.

2. angie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat May 3 2008 15:41:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I think that foggers are dangerous regardless of where they are placed. If you need to rid your car of bedbugs, contact a professional. That's my opinion!!

3. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat May 3 2008 20:07:32
    #

Login to Send PM

If using a fogger scatters bed bugs deeper into crack and crevices in a house, can you imagine where they would scatter in a vehicle? I don't think it's a good idea. I know that some k9's are trained to inspect vehicles as well. In theory, I would think that it would be easier for the dog to smell them in a vehicle for it is a contained area and the smell of the bed bug would be more apparent. I would look into that first. If it is confirmed, try and get a PCO to treat it. If not there are other options such as vikane, baking the vehicle in the hot summer sun with the heat blasting for 2-3 hours, continual use of KleenFree, DE under the seats etc... but why put yourself through all that and the anxiety of it if there may be a way to see if there are even bugs in there, in the first place.

4. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun May 4 2008 7:46:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree with Paula.

Your vehicle is a small enclosed space. A room fogger would be overkill. Foggers do not provide good penetration into voids. Proper application of any dusts or sprays is essential for these agents to be effective.

A K9 inspection could be utilized to screen your vehicle to confirm the presence of bed bugs prior to treatment.

5. bugaphobic

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri May 9 2008 5:37:07
    #

Login to Send PM

what is ok to treat your car with? I realise that summer is coming soon & I would imagine that the hot temps the inside of a car reach would certainly take care of the bb's. (Has anybody confirmed this?) But what about now?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,358 posts in 29,439 topics over 90 months by 12,704 of 19,967 members. Latest: ShooBug, BuggyNoMoreIHope, hinfungyik