Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

i hate bed bugs. i don't know what to do!

(3 posts)
  1. bedbugsyuck

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 4:25:51
    #

Login to Send PM

my family and i have had what seemed to be an on and off bed bug infestation in our home for over a month. we've tried a lot to get rid of them, but we just don't have the money for an exterminator. my sister was the first one who started to get bit and she suspected it was bed bugs within the first week. she freaked out, and started to sleep in my mom's room (my dad works nights). this was a BAD idea. my other sister started to get bit also. they both started to sleep in my mom's room in fear that their room was infested. there are 6 people that live in my house. but me, my mother, and my brother were not being bit. after about 2 weeks of sleeping in my mother's room, my sisters noticed they were getting bit more in there than in their own room. my mother thought we were over reacting and did not believe we had bed bugs (because she wasn't getting bit). she thought "if we had bed bugs then my sisters and i brought them in from having sleepovers at other peoples' houses." my dad was still clueless about the infestation, but when we mentioned it to him he admitted that he had been bit too. he also said that there were bed bugs at his job because one of his co-workers had brought them from his job. now we knew where we got the bed bugs from and my mom felt so guilty for blaming it on us! she was also disgusted at the fact that the infestation began in her room from her husband bringing them home. by this time we were already week into our infestation. we had already began stripping down our entire rooms to clean, washing our clothes in hot water and putting them in bags, we cleaned out basically our entire room, vacuumed everything, put most of our stuff in plastic bins and into the garage. my mom bought one if the insecticides and sprayed her room and my sister's. my brother's room does not have bed bugs (so we think)... our infestation has spread downstairs to our den in our couches. one of our couches have a sofa bed. we sprayed multiple times down there, but that seems like the hardest place to get rid of them, since they are still there. they have also started to show up in my mother's room again, even though they were gone for weeks. sometimes i sleep downstairs in the den, but i never get bite marks because my body reacts to bed bugs very differently then my sisters'... well at least that's what i thought. i always check for bugs before i go to sleep, and never see them, but i know they're there. earlier this evening, i fell asleep in me/my sister's room, and when i woke up, i noticed a bite on my leg. it was very weird to me because 1: my body doesn't usually react to bed bug bites; and 2: we haven't had bugs in our room for over a month. this issue is soooooooooooo ANNOYING! and VERY embarrassing. i really don't know what to do! i used to have lots of sleepovers at my house, but now i can't due to the infestation. and we can barely have friends over to watch movies because of the infestation in the den! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! i need all the help i can get to get rid of them FOR GOOD! the problem is, we really don't have money, especially to waste, so if we find something to get rid of them, IT HAS TO WORK! please help... THANK YOU! (sorry for the super long passage!)

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 9:00:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Good morning, Yuck. BB suck. They're also tricky to get rid of. Finally, it's really hard to pinpoint how you got them, I e, maybe it was your father from work, maybe it's something you didn't realize.

So, what to do?
    Welcome to this board, where you will find lots of wisdom and support. Bounce your questions off of us, vent, etc.
    Take necessary steps to relieve your reactions (itching).
    Learn what you need to do to prevent spread to your visitors (it may be best to hold off on them) and the places you visit.
    Read the FAQ and some if the guides on the resource page to get a better idea of what you're up against. This may well require a concerted effort and professional treatment.
    Have you definitively found BB or signs if them. People have bite reactions for other reasons too.
    Avoid the temptation to start buying stuff that you think will solve this problem. There are quite a few scam artists happy to make a buck selling crap to desperate, embarrased BB sufferers.
    If you're living with parents, it's up to them to lead this battle. You can help with the best info and good practice. Are your parents up to this (we had a recent participant who indicated that her parents' "issues" prevented them from solving their BB problem. I advised her to not try and run this herself).

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  3. bedbugsyuck

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 14:49:10
    #

Login to Send PM

yes they're definitely bed bugs, we've had multiple sightings of them. and every time we go a little while without seeing them, we think they're gone and another one pops up out of no where! it's just very frustrating because i feel like this issue is stressing me out! I'm 18 and a freshman in college, i have others things to be worried about then bed bugs. i feel like I'm becoming paranoid and insane! what i fear most is spreading them. if they're just in my house that's one thing, but spreading them is what i don't want to do, because i don't want anyone else going through what I'm going through! does anyone have advice how to NOT spread them? because it's kind of hard to not have visitors because we have a big family outside my home and lots of friends also... thanks for everything!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

190,815 posts in 29,341 topics over 90 months by 12,653 of 19,905 members. Latest: Wtf.hellnoin NJ, anxiety high, itchylady