Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

I FOUND 1 BED BUG

(5 posts)
  1. Jondhill

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 11:59:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I currently work as an EMT, and accidentily brought a bed bug home. There has been talks at work about one of the couches having bed bugs but all the bosses checked and said that it was clear. A couple days after my last day at work I found a bed bug crawling on my bed under a laundry basket. My uniform was laying near by which makes me think maybe one just hitchhiked in on me and I caught it. I had many people successfully Id it as a bed bug. The next morning I checked everywhere and did not find any bugs eggs or she'll anywhere on the matters boxspring or carpet. I emptied out my whole room , scrubbed the carpet walls floor and my dresser. I sprayed and whipped out all my drawers and furniture . Hoses off my bed frame and washed my curtains. I have been washing almost all my clothes or blasting them in the dryer. I bought a new bed spread and have sprayed other areas of my home but I'm still losing my mind. Plz help me get some piece of mind.

2. Tim m

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 14:04:30
    #

Login to Send PM

That's the thing about bed bugs its hard to say where they came from. Sure it could of been from that couch at work or someone you work with or even the vehicle you ride/drive at work.

If you only found that one and your pretty sure it came from your work uniform I don't think you have much to worry about. Only advice I can give is monitor and try and avoid that couch at work. Even talk to co workers to be on the safe side. If it is from your job you should talk to your HR department to look into the issue so this don't happen again.

3. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 15:51:59
    #

Login to Send PM

The only thing I don't like about the whole thing is that you said you found it near the hamper a couple days after your last shift… And that's a lot of time for a bedbug to make its way around… if your hitchhiker was a pregnant female, that's a lot of hours for her to plant her devil spawn. I would keep a close eye on the situation.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 18:11:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Use monitors, that way any that are crawling will go in and you can see, but at this point in time I feel that it was a lone straggler.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 18:17:11
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have a photo, an expert can possibly get you a stage and/or gender. The only hitch hiker to have immediate concern about would be an adult female which could have laid eggs.

While nymps and males can be lone hitch hikers, there is always a chance there was more than one so *ANY* bb is reason to begin monitoring right away, especially if you believe the source is a place you often go.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,818 posts in 43,334 topics over 131 months by 18,996 of 19,572 members. Latest: April13Hincher, Bedbughell99, minicooper78