(6 posts)
  1. sovashadow

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Apr 12 2017 1:23:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Good Evening all,

So I, like many people here, cant sleep because of the fear of having bedbugs in my dwelling (for me its an apartment). I moved in here on the first of this month, so not too long, and havent really had a good nights rest in a long while. Just a few moments ago, I was able to find a bug in and have something to compare it to. However I am unsure if this is a bedbug or not, and any insight is greatly appreciated.

Full Image

2. Glas

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Apr 12 2017 1:42:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug.

3. mp7ski

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Apr 12 2017 2:56:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Google carpet beetles. If you're getting skin reactions and that is why you're worried about bed bugs, carpet beetle larvae shed skin hairs can cause similar reactions.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  4. sovashadow

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 0:07:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Would these be stains of carpet beetles or bed bugs? I just super paranoid now

Full Image

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Apr 13 2017 16:06:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Those stains could be from anything; I don't see any reason to suspect that you have a bed bug infestation.

Bird dreams are not admissible in court.
  6. co2998

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 18:44:12
    #

Login to Send PM

That looks like a carpet beetle.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

253,386 posts in 40,546 topics over 123 months by 17,741 of 18,101 members. Latest: hopeful77, omgwhut, jadew077