Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

how to tell from a squished bug blood, or fecal blood?

(3 posts)
  1. minibughater

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 21 2007 11:11:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone. Back again. So here is what's been happening for the past week and a half. No bites at all!! maybe I put my guard down too fast. but just today I discovered a blood like stain on my daughter's shirt. I couldn't tell if it might have been chocolate icecream they had the night before so I put some peroxide on it and it disappeared so I'm assuming it might be blood. then I was changing my 2nd daughter's diaper and found what could be diaper rash pimples or bed bug bites. it was down by her private but not too far from her belly button. so then I freak out and check the bed and find a carpet beetle. great!!!!!! now I look a bit closer and find another smudged blood stain.

So my question is how can I tell if we killed that bug by squishing him? or how can you tell if it was just some fecal speck that got smudged?

2. currentinsomniac

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 21 2007 19:35:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I think I read somewhere that fecal spots are harder to smudge and tend to be more like pepper flakes? They will smudge though if wiped with a damp cloth. I'll have to see if I can remember where I got that info.
    Other than that I don't know what to say. It is pretty early to give up on the possibility that you might still have some lingering bugs. The rule of thumb is no bites for 2 months indicates you are probably safe.

3. minibughater

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Nov 21 2007 22:00:03
    #

Login to Send PM

yeah. I am desperately wishing for it to be chocolate stains. =(

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,613 posts in 45,832 topics over 139 months by 20,182 of 20,985 members. Latest: bbuganxiety, Paseorent, allspiceberry143