Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

How to seal the holes in metal frame?

(4 posts)
  1. bbee1

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Apr 10 2012 15:09:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Last night when I woke up with painful bites on my face and neck again at 1am, I suddenly realized that the bed bugs are hiding in the hollow tubes of metal frame. My metal frame is a pain to isolate because it has 12 legs. But I did manage to put them in tall, glass containers, coated with baby powder outside and DE inside. I have also dusted DE along the frame itself. I tried to seal the holes with tape but I am afraid they are getting loose and may provide more hiding places for them. But all these did not help. So they must be in it. I remember seeing somebody wrapped the frame but I forgot how. Does anybody have an idea how to completely wrap up the holes in the metal frame?

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Apr 10 2012 17:52:24
    #

Login to Send PM

It's probably best to carefully clean the surfaces and rinse well (get rid of residue that might cause the glue on tape to fail). If you post pictures of what you're trying to seal, someone might give you some hints.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Apr 10 2012 18:49:49
    #

Login to Send PM

No better way but to dust inside the holes and use duct tape to cover them.

Did you already confirm bed bugs and if so what evidence have you found?

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Apr 11 2012 8:31:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear bb,

I agree with the strategy indicated by KQ above and have some additional comments for your consideration:

> You can treat into the pipe hollow using a suitable dust or aerosol insecticide that is effective against bed bugs followed by sealing the opening(s).

> Check at a large home store or very good hardware store. There you will find furniture "caps" of various sizes that are made to fit tightly over pipe leg ends as you describe. These caps are made of rubber like material and are very durable.

> You should also inspect to assure that there are no other openings. If such openings are present you may seal these using a suitable caulk material.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

As a consulting entomologist I provide services for entities such as property managers, health/housing/emergency depts, schools, hospitality/resort/cruise industry, homeowners, food service, retail, pest professionals & product manufacturers. I recommend only efficacious methodologies, products and equipment. Professional relations have included Actisol, AMVAC, Atrix, BASF, Bayer, Catchmaster, FMC, GMT, Eaton, MattressSafe, Nisus, ProTeam, Rockwell, Syngenta & Woodstream. No compensation for product sales occurs. As inventor of Knight Safe bed bug sleep tent provides a royalty.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,298 posts in 29,427 topics over 90 months by 12,696 of 19,958 members. Latest: huntelaar1999, gonzoateafly, Steve Tidebeck