How long until you consider BBs gone?

(6 posts)
  1. BegoneSpawnOfSatan

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 4 2016 13:29:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so April 8th 2016 I found a bed bug crawling on my pillow as I was climbing in bed. I had an inspection by a PCO the next morning. He found that the only place that there was signs of the little boogers was in my bedroom. Since there was 3 of us that slept there I guess they really didn't need to move far. Our crib for our baby was infested and I found some in our box spring. The following week April 16th they came and did a heat treatment of our house. The PCO put encasements on all of the beds in the house 4 total and sprayed all in the same day. We also put climb ups under all the feet on the beds. Over the following three nights after the treatment I found 4 babies and 1 adult in the climb up under my bed. I immediately called my PCO who came on April 22nd and sprayed again. This time with something that smelled really strong of alcohol. We have had no new bite marks or seen any bugs since. I am posting this as of May 4th 2016 and I was wondering how long I should give before going back to a normal life. I haven't been letting my son who is five go to any friends houses or letting friends come in to play as a fear of spreading these nasty little things. Please any response would be great.

2. OliviaTheOlive

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 4 2016 17:52:22
    #

Login to Send PM

BegoneSpawnOfSatan - 4 hours ago  » 
    Ok so April 8th 2016 I found a bed bug crawling on my pillow as I was climbing in bed. I had an inspection by a PCO the next morning. He found that the only place that there was signs of the little boogers was in my bedroom. Since there was 3 of us that slept there I guess they really didn't need to move far. Our crib for our baby was infested and I found some in our box spring. The following week April 16th they came and did a heat treatment of our house. The PCO put encasements on all of the beds in the house 4 total and sprayed all in the same day. We also put climb ups under all the feet on the beds. Over the following three nights after the treatment I found 4 babies and 1 adult in the climb up under my bed. I immediately called my PCO who came on April 22nd and sprayed again. This time with something that smelled really strong of alcohol. We have had no new bite marks or seen any bugs since. I am posting this as of May 4th 2016 and I was wondering how long I should give before going back to a normal life. I haven't been letting my son who is five go to any friends houses or letting friends come in to play as a fear of spreading these nasty little things. Please any response would be great.

I am not by any means a professional, but I would say that you should consider yourself still bed bug infested until a PCO comes declares you bed bug free.

3. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 4 2016 18:01:19
    #

Login to Send PM

A 30 day countdown from the day you saw your last live insect is a good measurement to know for certain they are gone.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  4. BegoneSpawnOfSatan

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu May 5 2016 15:10:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your responses.

5. BegoneSpawnOfSatan

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 0:54:54
    #

Login to Send PM

So it has been a year and a month now since I have seen a bed bug.

6. Livingagain

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Aug 13 2017 19:47:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Yay! A success story!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234