Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

How long should I live out of plastic bags?

(7 posts)
  1. truck

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jun 9 2010 15:20:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello-

I've been living out of plastic bags and 'clean zones' for 3 months, and the last live bbug I found was 10 weeks ago. I inspect thoroughly, and have found nothing. Climb ups have been clean since installed 6 weeks ago. Do you think I can ditch the plastic bags and put my cloths back in my drawers?

Thanks
    -truck

2. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jun 9 2010 15:44:56
    #

Login to Send PM

call me crazy but just today i count hanging in my closet, 3 blouses, on pair of jeans, one pair of dress pants, a pair of sneakers, one pair of dress shoes and a couple of t-shirts. i put my curtains back up in the bedroom and i hung one large painting there too. In my office area i hung some curtains and this afternoon i'll have to take the paktited cushions out of the the plastic bags and put them back on the sofas. i have put off having new prospective clients in as long as i can. i can't have them come in to see all the cushions in plastic bags. since each person will come at their assigned time (and i never run late) there is no chance (and never is) that a client has to wait in the living room area...they come right into the office area.

I have gone through all the stuff i got cleaned and laundered and have separated all the winter clothes out and those are bagged in labeled and put on top shelf of our closets.

Landlord suggested another 3 weeks or so before putting everything back....i guess i can do that...

and i think i can live with very little in terms of changes of clothing, towels and bed linens... as much as i can leave packed away in plastic bags, the better.

I was looking for some lesson to be learned from the bbs and now i see that one lesson is that now i know that i have more crap than i need and that really i can feel happy living with very little clothes, etc.

3. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jun 9 2010 17:34:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Keeping items in plastic bags is largely to keep the bugs from reinfesting them and to keep you from having to redo all that laundering work again.

So long as you're okay with the prospect of having to relaunder and remove the items from drawers if there's a recurrence of bugs, then you can put the items back in their drawers.

Most people use the 60 days rule as a guideline, and it sounds like you're beyond that, so I would say that's doubly proof that you're probably about as safe as you're going to get in terms of putting them back at this point.

4. truck

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jun 11 2010 14:32:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm actually more concerned with spreading them outside my place - that's why I'm still living out of the plastic bags. I like leaving my place KNOWING that I'm clean, and that I wont infest other people/places, friends/family, or even strangers...

5. Bed Bug Epidemic

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jun 15 2010 16:34:34
    #

Login to Send PM

i don't know if i'll ever feel comfortable enough to not live out of plastic bags, even though i believe that you can at this point.

truck - 4 days ago  » 
    I'm actually more concerned with spreading them outside my place - that's why I'm still living out of the plastic bags. I like leaving my place KNOWING that I'm clean, and that I wont infest other people/places, friends/family, or even strangers...

6. Jenn28

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jun 15 2010 16:53:27
    #

Login to Send PM

You guys are being very smart about this. Good for you. It's good to be as careful as you can. My wonderful husband is itching to unpack and wants to do so after the second treatment. I am going to take his clothes and dry them for an hour and a half just to be safe. Poor baby, he's been through so much!!! and yet has done so little to help! Ugh!!!!

7. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jun 15 2010 18:54:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Poor baby, he's been through so much!!! and yet has done so little to help! Ugh!!!!

Oh Jen28 You cracked me UP!! i think i'll be giggling for the rest of the evening.

Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.