(5 posts)
  1. bbvictim

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Sep 6 2010 23:42:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Guys

I think I have been exposed to bed bugs, 5 weeks back. I have been getting bitten (once every few days). How long does it take to notice the infestation? I have been searching like crazy but can't find any evidence. Apart from using the monitoring options - How long can it take for me to see an actual bed bug without monitoring devices, if I leave it untreated?

I am thinking in another 2 months (I am thinking withing 3 months of the start of the infestation). Any thoughts please?

2. holly2233

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Sep 6 2010 23:56:58
    #

Login to Send PM

In my case I was exposed on a Wednesday night at a hotel. Started feeling itchy on the flight home on Thursday night. By Friday morning I was at the dr's. with welts and over 60 bites.

The following Wednesday I found evidence of them in my home - bedroom and living room. So about one week for me.

3. holly2233

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Sep 6 2010 23:58:17
    #

Login to Send PM

BTW - I found them first thing in the morning. Can you get someone in to help you search?

4. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 8 2010 11:59:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Get a flashlight and some tape and a vacuum cleaner and a friend to help.
    Lift your box spring so you can inspect. Take off some of the covering from under your box spring. If you have bbs it is a very good chance they will be under your box spring.
    Bed bugs like to stay close to the host which is you until the population grows and then you will find them in other places. Get a steamer and learn how to use it. Steam is a great weapon in the war. If you find bugs then try to capture some with the tape and with ziplock bags.
    You will need specimens for a PCO to spray and to send to an Entomologist for ID.
    Do not freak out. It can be frightening when you do see the enemy. Keep your wits and battle on.

5. Jenn28

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 8 2010 12:06:58
    #

Login to Send PM

bbvictim,

Bed bugs are not always found right away and are not always easy to find either. Having said that, after 5 weeks there would be more than just a few of them hanging around. I have read several times that early signs of an infestation are hard to detect. It was probably a good couple of months before I clued into a problem I had early this year.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.