Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

how long does it take for BB bite marks to go away?

(7 posts)
  1. miserableone

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 2 2010 13:35:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had bites since May, some have healed some have not. Im hoping that my scratching them didnt leave scars

2. Just use the easy button

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 2 2010 14:42:39
    #

Login to Send PM

miserableone - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have had bites since May, some have healed some have not. Im hoping that my scratching them didnt leave scars

It all depends on the person. Some people suffer for a week or two while others may only experience the irratation for a day or two. Scratching would probably make it worst, but I understand that its near impossible not to scratch.

< ^ > (•¿•) < ^ >

3. mwc1fan

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 4 2010 6:01:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I have no idea but I heard they can last for up to a year. Mine so far has been on me for a month but my first contact with bed bugs was a month ago.

4. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 4 2010 8:32:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah...i heard up to a year..

but i notice that the ones that were on my arms are almost gone...i'd say that in another 4 months they should be entirely gone...so that would be about ...10 months or so...

the marks on my leg seem to be taking a bit longer to fade away...

my sister gave me some of that shea butter stuff which i'm just beginning to use. sure makes the skin extremely soft and supple.. i even put some on the new bites i got this past week...and those two places feel good...no itching..

Just Use the Easy Button (what does that mean -- isn't that from staples commercial?) it IS possible not to scratch. the secret is that you must avoid it the first time you get that big itch and the way i do it is to have a loofah handy...i don't know why scrubbing with a loofah does not exacerbate the itching...maybe because it's a vegetable and is natural...or maybe there is something in the plant itself that sooths as you scrub...but i just love it...it gets right down to the very bottom of that freakin' itch and satisfies sooooooooo goooooood. The loofah has two sides...you cut it open and one side is very rough and the other side is not so rough. I like to go at my itchy places (and my whole body too) with that rough side.....then some refreshing astringent after...(now i'm putting the benadryl cream, neosporin and shea butter) and work those creams well into the skin....and voila no more itch for many, many hours.

everyone should try it (but of course, i'm not a medical doctor so about the benadryl, neosporin and shea butter, yadda yadda yadda - normal disclaimers )

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 4 2010 9:01:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I have some areas on my skin where hundreds of bugs have fed at one time and the overall area is slightly darker than surrounding skin color. Individual bites on the skin have resulted in slightly dark, extremely small dots, but you have to know that there's been many bites to realize the skin color looks a little different and possibly not all bites result in a darker skin color. All colorations are still visible and it's been many months to a year or more since the actual bugs have fed. But as for itching, there is almost none: sometimes it feels like it wants to itch and then it stops, or it itches and then it stops. Over the years the reaction to the bites have also diminished, so after a bite the bump appears and then within an hour it disappears. After a few hours to 12 hours a red dot appears and this disappears within a few days leaving darker dot than surrounding skin color. The area where hundreds feed from the jar becomes slightly raised and red and over days slowly becomes less red and less extensive in area covered. Don't know if anyone has experienced these symptoms except for those people who have canines used in bed bug detection and are raising many bugs for dog training.

Professional consulting entomologist/arachnologist in all matters dealing with insects and arachnids.
  6. watkinsnewan

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 4 2010 9:03:01
    #

Login to Send PM

For members of my family it takes several different time periods to go away an it also depends if you scratch an leave marks.. The two year old if she scratches them an makes sores it take about 4 weeks to heal but the ones she cant reach to scratch it only take 2 weeks for them to completely disappear.. on me it take s about a week for them to go away on the older kids it only take about two weeks for them to go away.. but here is something else i noticed with it being summer too.. last time we got them was in the winter this time it is summer..swimming all day weather it be in a pool or in the lake the bite's seem to not itch as bad an the sores on the baby are going away A LOT faster.. also maybe we need to go to the ocean with all the sea salt... an also i have been using oatmeal baths an they have been helping with the itching too. an if you have any on you they will DROWN..plus going out swimming an not thinking about them cause they cant swim really helps mentally in dealing with the BB..

7. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jul 4 2010 10:04:24
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 55 minutes ago  » 
    ". . . the bump appears and then within an hour it disappears. After a few hours to 12 hours a red dot appears and this disappears within a few days leaving darker dot than surrounding skin color.

Yes, i have had some skin reactions that appear and then disappear within a few hours and then there is a dark spot left with a red dot in the center but i have noticed that in the dot there was a hole. i couldn't tell whether it was a hair follicle or whether it was from a proboscis puncture. i just looked at the last one of these i got before my treatment about 50 days ago and i see there is the faintest darkened area still remaining! But that one did not itch one bit.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,373 posts in 28,326 topics over 87 months by 12,196 of 19,350 members. Latest: MANthrax, buggingcane, pecunianon
Site Meter