Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

How long did it take you to get rid of bed bugs ? (and what worked)

(5 posts)
  1. goin buggy

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Sep 6 2009 17:21:24
    #

Login to Send PM

If you are a success story, (bed-bug free for more than two months), please briefly tell here how long it took from the time you first knew you had bed bugs and began trying to get rid of them, until they were gone (and how long have they been gone).

Also, if you have been bed-bug free for more than two months, please tell (briefly) what kind of PCO method you used (heat?), and/or what pesticides, DE?, etc, and other factors you attribute your success to.

Thank you on behalf of all of us who continue to suffer.

2. ghostbitten

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Sep 6 2009 17:25:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd like to know as well, actually, haha. Subscribing to this topic.

3. DeathToAllBBs

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Sep 6 2009 18:45:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Two months really isn't BB free. Where I work was treated in April or May and the PCO never talked to them about coming back for followups, I'm guessing because he's an idiot who knows very little about BBs (expects to be able to see them all when nymphs and eggs are very hard to see or find). We had another round of them four months later.

Since the nymphs can go without feeding for three months and the adults 18 months, two months isn't really enough time, IMHO, to determine if they are actually gone. You can rest easier during the two months, but you'd still need to be vigilant in watching for traces of them. I'd say 18 months to 2 years unless you had heat or vikane treatments. At the bare minimum, at least four because of the nymph to adult cycles due to most nymphs being harder to see as they are absurdly small.

4. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Sep 6 2009 19:46:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Most of the information you're requesting can probably be found in posts in the Success Stories forum. Many people who've successfully gotten rid of their bed bug problems don't come back here and post regularly once their infestation is gone. So if you're looking for multiple stories, that might be the best way to go.

I realized that the bites I was getting came from bed bugs the day I joined the forum in June of 2008. (You can see the exact date someone joined by clicking on someone's status marker (newbite, member, senior member, oldtimer, etc.).) I had thermal remediation done on my one bedroom apartment at the end of June 2008 (it was like the Thursday before Pride Weekend in San Francisco. I don't remember the act date beyond that detail.)

I have been bed bug free ever since.

5. bbfiend

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Sep 9 2009 17:15:33
    #

Login to Send PM

i wish we could do heat treatment in our apartment.. don't own it nor the building...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

201,654 posts in 31,242 topics over 95 months by 13,515 of 17,226 members. Latest: xMakiMakix, sbm123, bedbugkiller999