Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

How long before mark shows after bite?

(6 posts)
  1. Mofear

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Sep 5 2010 20:33:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been getting bitten for weeks, usually in twos. I am seriously suspecting bedbugs( (I have posted several other frantic questions on the forum.) My husband and I are wondering--how long does it take for a bite mark to show up after a bite? That is, is it sometimes a delayed reaction? Does it usually happen within 24 hours? I am wondering, because I had a few new bite marks today, but didn't know if they happened last night, or today, during the day. (This experience has been a good weight loss tool--I have now lost 19 pounds from the trauma. Not a healthy way to lose weight though!)
    Mofear

2. avenae

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Sep 5 2010 21:36:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I can tell you from my personal experience, my bites show up instantly. I believe that I have more of an allergic reaction to them though. My husband doesn't show bites at all. I kept noticing I was waking up between 3-5 am itchy and finally one night flipped on the light to find them in my bed!

I can barely sleep anymore! When they bite they inject a sort of numbing agent into you so, you won't feel them while they feed and pending your reaction to the bites, will determine how quickly you notice them.

But I wake up every morning with tons of new red itchy bites all over me.

Good luck!

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Sep 6 2010 6:46:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I get a small raised bump which flattens within an hour. Reddness in the area and that disappears. Hours later a red mark appears at the bite site and in a few days that disappears. Basically no itching. When feeding hundreds within 10 minutes through the jar cover mesh, the area becomes red, bite area raises up like a plateau, then rounds out, flattens and redness remains for a few days, sometimes the feeding circle of an inch or so remains darker than surrounding skin color for many months. Again no itch. Some people have reported many days before reaction from bites, some immediate.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult in all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology.
  4. Mofear

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 8 2010 10:40:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the replies. I am unsure how soon I am reacting.
    Mofear

5. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 8 2010 11:08:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a different experience from Lou. (Hi Lou)
    My wife had showed serious reactions for several weeks before I showed any reaction at all.
    Her leg even swelled and had a difficult time walking. I was fine.
    They were feeding on both of us in bed but my system did not react. Weeks later I showed reactions. Not much itch at all but I displayed dime to quarter size red patches on arms, chest,
    neck and back and stomach. Not on legs as much. The first place I reacted was on scalp top of head. Thought I had pimples. This spot did itch and bumps were large.
    They can bite at any time but prefer to bite when you are sound asleep. Once infestation grows you may see them coming to greet you.

6. denverlady2000

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Sep 8 2010 11:28:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Deleted this post and moved to a new thread.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

201,746 posts in 31,259 topics over 95 months by 13,522 of 15,355 members. Latest: slee, Zenchess, Kristy