How long before infestation occurs?

(2 posts)
  1. anna b

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Aug 15 2010 1:51:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I had an infested bed in my home for exactly one day before I realized it had bed bugs and quickly got rid of it. The bed was in an empty room leaning against the wall, is it possible the room can still get infested? If so what should I do?

2. Callisto

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Aug 15 2010 2:35:20
    #

Login to Send PM

It's possible that you may have had a couple hitchhikers drop off in the room, or on the way to the room, depending on how the mattress was transported through your home. It's a good thing you noticed it before the bed was in your home longer :S. I think the protocol is the same as though you brought infested luggage home. The first thing you should do is vacuum the room, thoroughly, getting into the cracks and crevices, and then dispose of the vacuum bag in an outside garbage ASAP. Examine any cracks or crevices for hiding bedbugs (a flashlight and a magnifying glass help). Keep in mind they can hide in credit card-thin cracks. You should also do the same for any areas where the mattress was moved through the house. I don't know whether they would have ventured farther than the room in that timeframe though.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

184,369 posts in 28,325 topics over 87 months by 12,196 of 19,350 members. Latest: MANthrax, buggingcane, pecunianon
Site Meter