How long?

(7 posts)
  1. StressedStudent

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 1 2010 17:08:47
    #

Login to Send PM

My apartment was sprayed for the first time on friday, I slept in my bed on saturday night and woke up with 5 new bites. Does it take a while after the spray for the bugs to die? Will it stay like this until it is sprayed again?

2. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 1 2010 17:12:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi StressedStudent...

Sorry you're here; but, welcome!

I did not see any bbs after spraying but many here have reported that after treatment for bbs, some bedbugs are found....part of the chemical that is used is meant to keep working to kill those bbs that straggle out after treatment. You want those bbs that are behind the walls and deep in hiding to venture out so that they can touch that chemical and get DEAD!!

As we know..the only good bed bug is a DEAD and STINKIN' bed bug.

3. Ohmygawd

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 1 2010 19:17:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I've read that sometimes old bites flare up, are you sure they are new?

I've also read that sometimes it takes awhile to get rid of them, hence the need for followups.

I am by no means an expert, I'm a noobie. I hope your problem is eradicated soon. Much love.

4. BBQueen

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 1 2010 19:20:33
    #

Login to Send PM

StressedStudent, I found that I had new bites after my place was sprayed and I was told it was to be expected. Basically, I was (and you are) 'bug bait'. They'll bite, but as long as they've had to cross chemicals to get to you (which is what you want), the treatment is working.

5. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 1 2010 19:24:29
    #

Login to Send PM

BBQueen - 3 minutes ago  » 
    StressedStudent, I found that I had new bites after my place was sprayed and I was told it was to be inspected. Basically, I was (and you are) 'bug bait'. They'll bit, but as long as they've had to cross chemicals to get to you (which is what you want), the treatment is working.

i'm almost positive that BBQueen meant to say that she "was told it was to be EXpected."

6. BBQueen

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Nov 1 2010 19:27:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, Deedle, I *did* mean expected. I think between inspections and infestations, I'm losing my writing skills!

Also I meant to say 'they'll bite'. Now going back to see if I can edit the post because I'm a bit OCD - which, you can imagine, is a wonderful combination - OCD and BBS! Yay.

Post corrected.

7. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 2 2010 0:46:47
    #

Login to Send PM

i think we're all a bit OCD around here, BB Queen...and i only corrected that because the newbie might have really understood you to mean that she needed to be inspected right after her spraying!

we all make spelling and punctuation errors from time to time...well most of us...There is a least one of us who never makes such errors, but she's a really special member.

no sweat..

carry on...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,422 posts in 29,452 topics over 90 months by 12,708 of 19,973 members. Latest: neatnik, waryweary, AshleyMapple