Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

How likely is it that I brought bed bugs home?

(3 posts)
  1. Little Red

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 9 2016 23:14:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm pretty much certain I was munched on my bed bugs at a motel I said in on Saturday night (2 nights ago). I didn't even think to check the room for signs of an infestation and everything was fine until the following night (in my apartment) when I was sleeping my ankle and calves began to itch/burn. When I awoke I found my feet, ankles, calves, elbows and shoulders covered in decent sized red mosquito like bumps, some in lines and others in clusters. (I stopped counting at about 32 bites.. so maybe at most total of 45 bites)

I was in the room/bed for about five hours, I only had the dress I was wearing, flip flops and my purse. My purse was up on the TV stand and I wore my dress to bed. It was about an hour drive back and since I didn't have or notice the reaction for some time I didn't take any precautionary measures before entering my apartment either.

How likely is it brought them home with me?? How long does it take for me to be able to find evidence?

Also, is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening to anyone else? (I was in the state of Iowa) I felt so gross waking up to find so many bites and worried I've brought them to my home.

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Aug 10 2016 3:03:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. I am no expert but it is unlikely you brought any home. Your purse was n a relatively safe place and you had no suitcase.
    Check your purse just to be sure and wash your dress.

3. Little Red

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Aug 10 2016 12:40:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the response. I did a lot of research the next day and felt as though the probability was low. But I’ve never had an encounter with bed bugs before and I was bitten SO many times it sent me into quite a panic!

What if I do find one in my purse or apartment, does that mean I most likely have more or that there will be more?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

276,327 posts in 45,497 topics over 139 months by 19,996 of 20,765 members. Latest: buggingout321, Steelsciz, 2anxious31