Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

How have people been coping with this?

(7 posts)
  1. Marixpress

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 13 2008 15:52:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Having a positive outlook on life is absolutely necessary to get through this with your sanity. It'll get you through any difficult situation really. Like I said before, I highly recommend The Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman. We are warriors after all. If you can't commit to a book right now, then I'll suggest the classic and effective Don't Sweat the Small Stuff (and it's all small stuff)by Richard Carlson. It's broken into many tiny chapters so you can read it even if you don't have much quiet time to yourself. Anyway, get out there and experience joy however you can.

Another way I cope is through MUSIC. Ahhh The right album can melt away even the worst problems (even if only for an hour). Speaking of music, I'm going to see YES in concert tomorrow. I'm so psyched - bordering on dorky-obsessive haha If you're into hearing new bands, I recommend Dungen's (pronounced Doon-yen) album, "4". Half of the songs are instrumental and the other half is in Swedish. Don't let that put you off. It's a masterpiece.

Keep laughing and you'll get through this.

2. bitten123

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 13 2008 17:14:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Marix is right about music...

So this is my song dedicated to all my bed bugger friends...

The Beatles "Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
    And I'll try not to sing out of key

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends"

So to all my bedbugger friends, I thank you for answering all my endless questions and giving me a shoulder to cry on. You are the best!

3. bugbattler

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 13 2008 17:22:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Bitten - I agree. This forum has been the bright side to bbs. Everyone is so supportive & kind. A nice change from the usual internet fare and I don't know how I would be getting through this without you guys.

4. bugbait

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 14 2008 0:04:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Amen to thanks for the forum...and Marix, thanks for the music recommendation...I'll fire up iTunes and listen to Dungen. Have a great time at the YES concert! Fond memories of evenings listening to YES many years ago. Enjoyable to remember the carefree, bug free days of life!

5. myLifeinZiplocs

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Nov 14 2008 0:42:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Marix, Duran Duran is my favorite band. I have a tattoo that is a symbol off one of their albums (rio) So *I* know what the tattoo is, and other fans would recognize it too, but no one else does so its not obnoxious. The point is, if anyone is a dork its me.

Anyway, I agree with everyone else about the support here. I had a bit of a meltdown online last night and got some wonderful support.

If I ever have success I will post here so people know there is hope.
    (2nd treatment tomorrow -- cross fingers)

Thank you all.

6. Marixpress

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2008 9:47:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm on my third treatment and 2 weeks since sightings or bites. Maybe there is an end to this all.

7. Marixpress

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2008 11:10:42
    #

Login to Send PM

The Yes concert was great...until I drank too much and HAD to go home LOL I missed Starship Trooper

Great times though

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.