Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

How do you sleep?

(9 posts)
  1. Exhaustedsocialworker

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 7 2017 22:00:06
    #

Login to Send PM

So as a social worker for 5 years my worst nightmare was of course bedbugs. Sunday I found an adult one in my bed, haven't had any bites that I noticed...I caught it and froze it, folded the corners the sheets up and put them in trashbags and threw them out...
    bought Earth, 91% rubbing alcohol and sprayed Down The mattress. I can't sleep and I'm so afraid I'm dragging the bugs around my apartment! I'm sitting in my sofa now after a shower and putting on freshly dried, on high setting for an hour, pajamas and I'm still feeling legit panic that I'm contaminating my brand new sofa! I feel sick to my stomach constantly and just want to cry! I don't even want to come home after work which makes me so depressed... I keep trying to positive self talk but it's just not working... The bug inspectors come Thursday and that can't get here soon enough! I just want to run away! I go in to work (I work at a private foster care agency) where I do periodic home visits, and we are getting donations for Christmas and someone was going through a bag of stuffed animals and I wanted to tell her to stop... We have a big service but it's not bed bugs... The guy sprays the perimeter inside and as of anyone see anything. I told the boss today who of course was understanding as it is a risk in our field... I asked her to get bed bug dog in and actually specifically check for them... She said after I find out about my apartment Thursday she'd ask our accountant about paying to have them out... I don't make a lot of money so I'm worried about what my landlord is going to want me to pay... Sigh...

2. hearty

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Tue Nov 7 2017 22:17:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi 'Exhausted", me too...sorry for your recent bedbug grievance. I am not an expert but wanted to reach out. I hope good advice for you and help with the bug inspectors come soon. I tried to stay in one place, generally my bed, with traps and cleaned up, so that I wouldn't spread them around. My 2 cents until you have more help would be to stay in your bedroom until you have a treatment plan in place. They follow our breath and body heat, they come to where ever we spend the most time.

3. BuggyEyed

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Nov 8 2017 13:16:36
    #

Login to Send PM

The sleeping has been an issue for me since I found the little bastards two weeks ago this past Monday. I have seen absolutely no signs of them in 10 days now but I still feel like they are crawling on me when I try to sleep. I have been extremely OCD about checking the bed daily, sometimes more than once, and continuing to spray the bed frame every couple of days or so just in case. I read somewhere that they can get into a space that width of a business card. So, I took a business card and drug it through every crack on my headboard that I could find. Every black or dark speck of any fuzz or whatever I see I think is a BB. Last night, I kept waking up thinking something was crawling on me. I would take my hand and lay it flat on whatever place felt the sensation checking for bugs. There weren't any but it still freaks me out. I don't know how long this will take before I *know* that the house has been eradicated of the unwanted guests but I don't think I'll sleep well until then, unfortunately.

4. Hbreen

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Nov 8 2017 17:23:09
    #

Login to Send PM

When we first found our infestation about a week ago. I screamed, cried and sat in a kitchen chair for 36 hours. Each leg was propped up with a glass bowl rimmed with vaseline and inside was baking soda I drank lots of coffee through the tears and my husband got about three hours slumed over the glass kitchen table . hysterical enough I have a picture and to top it off he slept just fine and sat on the couch with them all over there for one - two months he doesn't react to their bites at all. So coffee and tears

5. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Nov 8 2017 19:14:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope you are all seeking help from a qualified PCO.

6. Hbreen

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 10 2017 2:27:56
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 1 day ago  » 
    I hope you are all seeking help from a qualified PCO.

Yes,we are first treatment 7days ago and one more scheduled

7. shinydarkvoid

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 10 2017 4:36:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm currently sitting on a wooden chair in the middle of the kitchen... Very much considering sleeping in the guest bathroom's tub. Gotta do what you gotta do haha. Of course my husband doesn't react to bites so he's happily asleep in our ground zero bed... never been more jealous.

8. Hbreen

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 10 2017 11:38:23
    #

Login to Send PM

shinydarkvoid - 7 hours ago  » 
    I'm currently sitting on a wooden chair in the middle of the kitchen... Very much considering sleeping in the guest bathroom's tub. Gotta do what you gotta do haha. Of course my husband doesn't react to bites so he's happily asleep in our ground zero bed... never been more jealous.

I only find humor in this because I'm in the same boat I understand more then you know. ,I hope you at least got some sleep

9. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Nov 11 2017 12:47:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I got a new bed (I was thinking of one before the bed bugs) and beg bugs definitely influenced my choice.
    I am worried about my computer desk and futon/couch.
    I sleep less and have more trouble falling asleep.
    I wish I could sleep in the bathtub but I am too tall.
    I feel almost constant crawling and pin pricks.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7