How do we protect yourself after treatment

(4 posts)
  1. Hbreen

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 10 2017 10:18:27
    #

Login to Send PM

We currently strip at the front door into a garbage bag then straight to dryer. Besides checks which we failed at previously what can we get for our home,l and precautions prior to waling in the door. I do use a fork of public transit but I'm certain I got my infestation from a dishonest family member who is still refusing to get treatment.

2. Hbreen

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 10 2017 10:19:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Please don't mind my typos via auto correct I should proof read :-/

3. Hbreen

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Nov 10 2017 10:58:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Excuse me while I retype this. We currently strip at the front door into a garbage bag then straight to dryer. Besides checks which we failed at previously what can we get for our home? What precautions done take prior to walking in the door. We dont have a porch and we have a small tiled area at entry. I do use a form of public transit due to a disability, but I'm certain I got my infestation from a dishonest family member who is still refusing to get treatment. I had found their infestation prior to finding ours after having a couple bites. Apparently we missed ours for up to two months but we found signs in EVERY room but laundry and bathroom :-/ . It was hard to find and everyone finds I unbeliveable but those spawns of Satan were in our window seal gaps

Our metal curtain rod creases and valances mainly we didn't have Mich evidence in our bed it took a lot they were babies. Also I'm sure our couch was the main point im certain its wher we found the freshly fed ADULT . Gah this all still makes me sick we are getting professional treatment. We had our first one,Our second one is coming up on the 14th. I dried every fabric item and sealed in space saver bags and contractor bags with tape. We store those in the bath tu, we move them to shower of course. Our every day clothes are stored in locking totes on the dresser. Our towels and wash cloth is in another locking tote on the washer. I vacuum every other day, we no longer have a couch we use to kitchen chairs and an end table as our living took furniture our house is still in treatment modem with carpet pulled at wall. Nothing against wall, nothing in dressers etc, I haven't sat at my desk in the spare room in almost two weeks. Etc

So what do we do now, how do we protect yourself is there anything else we can do?

I still have two contractor bags on my outside patio slab of house that hasn't been treated one I would LOVE to keep. I have been afraid to bring any of it in to dry or wash and dry. It was stuff I hadn't got to prior to first treatment. I am lost through this while process and what to do afterm. Primo to finding thilese devils when I did suspected anything I would put all my stuff in the dryer immediately after getting home. Worst part is I had to walk through living room and kitchen to get to dryer :-/ .

4. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Nov 11 2017 12:37:16
    #

Login to Send PM

At least you have your own washer/dryer, I'm in a apartment.

Mattress/box spring encasements.
    Passive monitors

I don't have suggestions other than those and to read all the FAQs here.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7