Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » About the Forums

how do i get the bed bugs out of my tv

(9 posts)
  1. i hate buggs

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 1 2011 1:35:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I used to fold my blanket at night and place it on the tv.............long story short I have bed bugs and if they are in the tv how will i treat it ??? dust it with DE ???

please help me !!!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 1 2011 1:53:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert but my understanding is they don't usually infest electronics.

If they are inside the TV, they will eventually come out to feed on you. If you're getting proper treatment, the idea is that they will come out, cross poison, and die.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. i hate buggs

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 1 2011 10:59:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Can I put some DE on and around it just to make sure?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Aug 2 2011 0:54:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Most people misuse or overapply DE. (See our FAQ on DE.) Doing so can have health consequences and can sabotage treatment methods (if applied in a way that deters bed bugs from crossing).

I am not qualified to give treatment advice. I suspect that if your TV sits on a base which is smaller than the main set, it might be possible to lightly dust a tiny amount of DE lightly just around the edge of the base, so that in the unlikely event that bed bugs are inside, they'll cross it when they come out.

It may not be necessary and I stress that it may make things worse, especially if you overapply it or apply in such a way that it will be inhaled and affect your lungs.

5. i hate buggs

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 4 2011 12:17:48
    #

Login to Send PM

someone told me to use a hair dryer on it ???? will that work.............gosh my head is just spinning here about these stupid things

6. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 4 2011 12:51:00
    #

Login to Send PM

i hate buggs - 27 minutes ago  » 
    someone told me to use a hair dryer on it ???? will that work.............gosh my head is just spinning here about these stupid things

I'm not an expert, but wouldn't bother. I doubt you can generate enough heat to thoroughly penetrate the unit and killing anything that needs killing without damaging the TV.

There are way too many people "out there" with all sorts of advice they offer
    - because they think it's valuable
    - because they heard something and want to be helpful
    - they don't know, but figure they can jerk your chain

I believe that our host's (NoBugs) advice was on the money.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  7. i hate buggs

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 4 2011 12:53:08
    #

Login to Send PM

thank you cilecto

8. curls

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 9 2012 6:43:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Word of caution.. CRT type TVs with cathode ray tubes hold very high voltage.

If you open the back, be sure not to touch the tube. Alternatively, you can unplug and let it sit several days to allow it to discharge (then use a multimeter to test for charge.)

I'm not familar with flatscreen insides. But google before opening up a TV, or blow drying it, to be safe.

9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 9 2012 11:36:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't open up the TV.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.