HOw do i find Nest/s????

(9 posts)
  1. BuggedByBugsKY

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 10 2012 12:08:41
    #

Login to Send PM

i thought i might have found the nest in my box spring but i cant afford to do anything but tape the plastic up on it where there are holes and i soaked that part with 91% alcohol. im nearly ready to cover the whole thing i duct tape and say forget it. just have a duct tape box spring cover..... duct tape is easy to get when u have no money. im wondering if my DIY treatment is even worth continuing to do...i cant get a PCO no matter what. i just starting to feel that b/c im being eaten on every single night they are too numerous to do anything abt without a PCO (that i cant afford on $35 a week from plasma donations) and not even allowed to have come here cuz the others that live with me feel it would get all of us kicked out to be "caught having bb". im just feeling kinda hopeless about it.

but maybe if i can find the nest one day i can kill them all at once and solve the problem??

im really thinking of moving out (sense they are only in my room) and letting the others deal with it. i know morally thats wrong but its not like a have any other choice..... eventually i wont be able to feed all of them, not to mention i cant take too many more nights on 2-3 hours of sleep, paranoia, creepie crawlies, depression etc. im already bi-polar and cant afford meds.......i cant take long term depression very well... makes me think crazy, kill myself type thoughts... i get tired of feeling shitty and itchy.

2. ItchyNYC

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 10 2012 16:48:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you have any money to buy a cover for your box spring? Can you afford to throw it out if not? I threw mine out and am sleeping on an army cot for now and ordered a $150 folding bed (plan to encase the mattress on that). I slept on my wood floor before the cot arrived. If your box spring is infested like mine was, throwing it out will at least get rid of many of them (you need to wrap it in plastic and tape it when you throw it out). I found a link on how to clean an infested box spring but honestly, it's so much trouble that to me it makes more sense to throw it out (responsibly of course).

Here's a link I found; I'm not sure how good the advice is though (I'm a totally newbie just trying to help):

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-identify-kill-bed-bugs-6267210.html?cat=5

3. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 10 2012 17:53:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear bbbbky,

Nests? Actually, bed bugs do not nest. They congregate/aggregate in certain areas in a similar fashion as German cockroaches do.

While the large portion of the population within an infested location will be found harboring near the food source (ie YOU), which is usually your bed, bed frame, mattress & box spring, as time and the population/infestation progresses the number of aggregation foci (that's nerd speak for groups of bed bugs hiding together) may increase and the distribution spreads to locations further and further away from the prime areas. Simply stated, you may find "pockets" of bed bugs in locations away from the immediate bed area.

In any case, you need to know what to look for and how to look for them.

There are resources here that will help you to do so.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

As a consulting entomologist I provide services for entities such as property managers, health/housing/emergency depts, schools, hospitality/resort/cruise industry, homeowners, food service, retail, pest professionals & product manufacturers. I recommend only efficacious methodologies, products and equipment. Professional relations have included Actisol, AMVAC, Atrix, BASF, Bayer, Catchmaster, FMC, GMT, Eaton, MattressSafe, Nisus, ProTeam, Rockwell, Syngenta & Woodstream. No compensation for product sales occurs. As inventor of Knight Safe bed bug sleep tent provides a royalty.
  4. ItchyNYC

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 10 2012 20:59:47
    #

Login to Send PM

It's funny because I knew they don't nest but when you do a search on Google the term "nest" is used extensively when referring to them. It's kinda confusing!

5. Koebner

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 11 2012 7:27:20
    #

Login to Send PM

That's because Google isn't a research tool, it's a combination of an individualised commercial advertising medium & a portal to the Dark Side.

Mercifully, this site still gets decent Google ranking, otherwise there'd doubtless be a lot more confused, broke, & bitten people out there.

6. BuggedByBugsKY

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 11 2012 8:20:44
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks paul it really does.

the box spring does not belong to me Itchy so i cant really throw it out b/c of the sentimental value

7. BuggedByBugsKY

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 11 2012 8:55:22
    #

Login to Send PM

for the record someone is ordering me a cover from an online source.

8. ItchyNYC

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 11 2012 11:18:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh ok, too bad you can't convince the person to throw it out, but I hope the new cover works!

9. ItchyNYC

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 11 2012 11:26:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Koebner: I think the confusion comes in because I see the term "nesting" used a lot and then perhaps people think that means they actually make a physical nest when they don't.

Bugged: maybe you should still duct tape the zipper on the new cover just in case!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.