Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

How do hungry bed bugs behave?

(6 posts)
  1. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 9 months ago
    Sun Jan 15 2017 15:54:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Before I realized I had bed bugs I had moved some items to the garage, so now I suspect there are some hungry bed bugs in the garage and I need to get out there to treat it. I'm thinking of my attack strategy and pondering if they would be in a harborage or spread out looking for food individually? And also wondering... do starving bed bugs still defecate? No food in, no poop out? And can search dogs find starving bbbugs?

And will the bevy of garage spiders find them and eat them?

Account closed
  2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 17 2017 9:55:52
    #

Login to Send PM

What did you move? How long ago?

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.
  3. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 17 2017 14:00:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I moved some items from the room with bed bugs into the garage... about 3 months ago. Within the time frame that I was being bitten but had not yet realized it was bed bugs.

The weather is cold here now so I suspect any adults would be huddled in.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 17 2017 15:51:48
    #

Login to Send PM

What kind of items and where were they in relation to your bed? Are they loose or contained? It might be a good place to try a homemade CO2 trap.

5. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 17 2017 16:42:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Some was right next to the bed and some in various areas of the room. Stuff put into boxes and folded closed. Such as some old college text books, sewing cloth I had not used, an old laptop in a case, misc. items. And a box of dishware intended for Goodwill (not anymore though)... the box was from next to the bed and the dishware from the kitchen. I order a ton of stuff from Amazon and used to fold the boxes up and store them along a wall next to the bed until recycle day. I take them straight to the trash now.

C02 trap is a great idea, thanks! I'll have to make one from vinegar/baking soda since I don't have luck with the yeast/sugar traps, the yeast won't ferment. I think I keep the house too cool.

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Jan 17 2017 17:58:58
    #

Login to Send PM

The boxes themselves sound like the best spot if I were a bed bug. Other than the cloth the rest aren't the most tempting areas unless all of the good real estate on the bed had already been taken, or the bed was isolated.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,567 posts in 43,045 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234