How can I tell if they are here?

(3 posts)
  1. Creamykill

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Aug 9 2017 20:37:25
    #

Login to Send PM

So we found the little transparent bedbugs almost 6 weeks ago when we moved in. It's been almost a week since we sprayed temprid SC but I swear I was bit again last night. Even when we moved everything to spray the temprid we couldn't find the bugs. No fecal dots except the old ones I missed cleaning(previous tenants looked like they had it awhile.) A day after I found one dead bug. This while time I think I've found 3 adult bugs. Where are they? Am I just imagining they are bed bug bites? Would they not live on the mattresses if we still have them? Help me please I don't know what I should do at this point.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 10 2017 1:18:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you post a photo for ID? Booklice/psocids are often confused for first instar bed bug nymphs (the only transparent stage-- and then only until they feed). It is a bit unusual to only find them, though it's possible. Skin reactions can have other causes.

You may want to get a pro to inspect at this point to verify whether bed bugs are present.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Creamykill

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Aug 10 2017 1:59:59
    #

Login to Send PM

No I didn't keep the specimens we caught when we found them, but they turned color after they but you and I had my exterminator friend ID them. I found the 3 adults after finding the first stage ones. We haven't found any at all in a couple weeks until I found the dead adult a couple days ago. The bites are usually singular too although at first there were the strings of three. I'm driving myself crazy trying to find them and my husband thinks we killed them. How could they die if we can't even find them?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,575 posts in 43,048 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234