Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

hormone replacement therapy and BB

(4 posts)
  1. jannifer20

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 7 2008 0:53:06
    #

Login to Send PM

My CPO's wife told me that BB are generally more attracted to women than men.
    (Most of the calls he gets regarding BB are from women)
    I was taking HRT before I got bites. (I'm post menopausal) Then I stopped taking HRT. Have had treatments.
    I have had no bites since Aug and I think they are gone.
    I would like to start taking HRT again. I am afraid that this may attract BB if there are any left in the house.
    Has anyone had any experience with this?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 7 2008 1:00:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed Bugs don't discriminate from man or woman. At least nothing I have ever read said this. Most women will not tolerate bed bugs the way some men will or a man will self treat longer and/or first in most cases I would guess. But as for HRT, it will have nothing to do with an infestation I believe.

3. wigginonbugs

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 7 2008 4:50:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been past menopause for years, and they still bit me. I've never taken any hormones. But I read that, too, that they bite women more than men!

4. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Dec 7 2008 5:28:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I think in general terms women are more responsive to bites than men.

As far as I am aware bed bugs have no gender preference although this type of sweeping statement can be a good indication of the education level of your PCO. For a few years one of the local authority representatives used to tell people that bed bugs did not like biting hairy people which is why they seemed to bite only women. I think you can safely assume that given the fact that many of his clients became my clients the treatment was about as good as his education on the subject.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.