Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Hopeless...

(10 posts)
  1. abugbuffet

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Sep 6 2017 13:27:00
    #

Login to Send PM

We moved in to our apartment in March. Endured months of treatment. I haven't seen a bed bug in two months... and yet... I wake up with bite marks on my arm frequently. I'm extremely sensitive and reactive... I've already had to go to the doctor several times for secondary issues from them (like, steroids and antibiotics bc I scratched bites.) My husband (naturally) hasn't had any reactions ever... even when we had visible confirmation. I just don't know what else to do. Is this my life now? Being bitten by 'imaginary' bugs? Am I going to have to see doctors and shrinksfor the rest of my life because I'm 'imagining' so vividly that my body is responding? OR AM I NOT CRAZY AFTER ALL AND STILL HAVE BUGS?

I could really use some encouragement, especially if anyone has endured and overcome what I'm talking about.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Sep 6 2017 13:42:00
    #

Login to Send PM

If it eats it poops. There should be evidence like fecal deposits and cast skins if this is bed bugs.

What whispers the whisker?
  3. psychologically_messed_up

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Sep 6 2017 14:00:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you got passive monitors on the bed?

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
  4. Tim m

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Sep 6 2017 14:23:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I had my heat and chem pray on the 18th. Today getting my kids ready for school my six year old said her leg itched and sure enough bites around 6 new ones. So like any parent I went into panic mode because I haven't seen a bb since treatment other than one dead one. So I flipped everything and looked nothing at all not even telltale signs. So I gave all the rooms a good vacuuming and what do I find in the dirt trap four fleas!! I don't even have any animals.

Long story short if you can't find any evidence of bed bugs start looking at other potential biters. Weather is changing things go on the hunt for warmer areas.

5. abugbuffet

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Sep 6 2017 18:00:17
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 4 hours ago  » 
    If it eats it poops. There should be evidence like fecal deposits and cast skins if this is bed bugs.

No... no fecal matter or cast skins... but even while seeing live bugs, I barely saw anything. That is what feels so stressful. I feel like I'm going crazy! :'c

6. abugbuffet

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Sep 6 2017 18:01:24
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 3 hours ago  » 
    Have you got passive monitors on the bed?

I have the glue traps that go along the beds legs... is that what you mean?

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat Sep 9 2017 23:35:09
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 3 days ago  » 
    If it eats it poops.

Preach!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. abugbuffet

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 23:19:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: We pulled the bed away from the wall the other night. My husband thought I was crazy... but I told him that I started getting bites when we had the bed against the headboard and the headboard against the wall... before then, I didn't see many bites on my skin but we SAW the bugs then. I figured the headboard was a fast track to the buffet. Whelp... lo and behold... I was right! UUUUGGGGHHHHH! My husband was getting ready today and felt a tickle on his leg and brushed his leg and a little brown spot fell off! Upon inspection, it was a bug... upon squishing it, you could tell it had had a great dinner! I also found a very very small dead one by my pillow! Sooooooo... I called my PCO. He's gonna come treat AGAIN... Oh, when will this ever end? At least I'm not crazy.

9. Woodrow15

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 23:30:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Keep your head up. I can admit that I'm struggling too. We are 5 days post second chemical treatment and still getting bit. I'm paranoid and freaked out thinking this will never end!

10. Myworstnightmare

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 23:57:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand what you mean about a fast track to the food. I've had three sprays and I'm still getting bit. Pco won't do the 4th for 30 days from the 3rd. I can't go on like this so today I had my girls beds wrapped and removed and taken to the dump - more money out the door for my bed bug woes! But the beds were corner headboards - fabric with cushions that could not be removed. All sewn together. I really believe they were chillin in the cushions and only had to stick their heads out for a minute to get me. When the company left with the beds today they said they've never moved bug infested furniture but not seen any bugs! And yet my arms and fingers know they are somewhere! Plus I found an adult female running around in the hallway outside the bug room on Saturday! In the middle of the afternoon!!!

These suckers have got to go!!!!!
    Good luck in your fight!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,051 posts in 42,687 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us