Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Introductions

Hi, I'm a new member to the bed bug hell!

(11 posts)
  1. jjd44rmjc

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Jan 10 2017 22:29:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there.
    I guess I'll start by saying it's been 2 days since we found out we have bed bugs.
    It all started about 5 to 6 weeks ago, I would wake up with a rather nasty itchy bite here and there. I just thought it was mosquitos to start with. Then it became 2 bites and then 4 bites on my shoulder. Then bam, on Monday I woke with 15 bites and today I have woken with almost 40 new bites. They are relentlessly itchy and big red welts with a pus bubble in the middle.
    I called an exterminator on Monday, who came and inspected the property. He checked my bed and all around, as well as all the other bedrooms and lounge chairs. He actually found no evidence of bedbugs anywhere. Nothing. He wasn't sure what was biting me. Oh and to let you know that there are 3 other people living in the same house with no bites whatsoever.
    I relaxed, but that night I found a tiny bug in our en suite sink, about 1mm long. I took a photo of it and sent it to the exterminators who verified it was indeed a baby bed bug.
    He has instructed me on the measures I need to take to prepare for him when he comes back on Friday. It is very overwhelming and even though I have changed bedrooms I still wake up with more and more bites.
    We have narrowed it down to my husband has just started working away 3 months ago, to him bringing them back.
    I guess my question is this, why would there be no evidence at all on our mattress or bed, and can an infestation occur within a matter of days? I know that sounds stupid but I am new to this sorry.
    And is there a remedy for the itching? I have tried everything from Cortisone cream, alcohol wipes, zyrtec, tea tree antiseptic cream etc. I can't sleep because of the itchiness and more bites occuring.

2. Norestnosleepnopeace

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Jan 11 2017 0:01:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Allergy Benadryl (or non-drowsy) supplements help. Store-brand allergy pills work just fine for me and are cheaper than the name-brand ones. Plus washing the bites at least twice a day or as often as you can. That helps a lot.

3. jjd44rmjc

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 7:45:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much. I will try those.

4. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 12:52:20
    #

Login to Send PM

If there are curtains near the head of the bed, be sure to check those. Also check the rear of the headboard.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  5. FayeState

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 14:44:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Jim,
    Why is there no evidence on the bed of the infestation?

6. AliceAlarmed

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 15:07:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi jjd,
    I am confused. Was this picture that they say is a bed bug nymph the same picture of a small clear bug that you posted in your other thread:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/please-help-with-identification-2

Which was positively identified by two experts here as a Psocid?

Or did you find yet another bug? It seems this thread is older, so you were maybe doubtful about the PCO,'s identification?

If this is the same bug, a book louse, then this explains that there are no signs.

7. jjd44rmjc

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 17:20:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi

Yes the picture that I posted is the same picture that I sent to the PCO and he said it was definatley a bed bug and to start treatment.

I was confused as well, as after reading through some of these forums, I have found that we have no other evidence of bed bugs, so that is why I posted the picture here. I wanted to see what it was as they were jumping and I know bed bugs don't jump.

I am not sure what my bites are from, but I am almost certain, thanks to you all, they are not bed bug bites.

8. AliceAlarmed

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 17:24:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Good to hear that. Now I hope that you will find the reason for your bites/skin reactions soon. From 15 one day to 40 the next day sounds extreme. Any special things you have been doing? New places you visited, trips to nature? Job assignment?
    Maybe have a medical doctor look at it?

9. AliceAlarmed

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 17:27:44
    #

Login to Send PM

By the way: not so good that this PCO confirmed something as a bed bug that even to an [interested] amateur like me was obviously not a bed bug. I take it you canceled the appointment for tomorrow?
    Where are you based?

10. jjd44rmjc

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 18:31:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I have cancelled the appointment. I am actually in Australia, and my husband travels, so we assumed thats what it was.
    It's really hot here at the moment, so maybe hives or a reaction to something.
    I have booked a doctors appointment for nxt week.
    Thank you so much for your help!

11. bugged-cdn

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu Jan 12 2017 18:35:42
    #

Login to Send PM

From 15 one day to 40 the next day sounds extreme.

Agreed. And with such a high number of bites, there would be evidence of bed bugs to be found.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,195 posts in 41,256 topics over 125 months by 18,080 of 18,499 members. Latest: Mendace, astephe2, Cmarie32