#

Login to Send PM

2. courtney24

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 1:38:21
    #

Login to Send PM

My niece and nephew have had bedbugs over a year now. I've been exposed to them every weekend and am now finding out they lied and they're not rid of them...their coats were in my bed. I already have extreme anxiety as it is...I have found no shed or feces, I put glue traps down and found nothing, I put an encasement on my mattress, but I did find a black bug under my bed. I wish I thought to take a picture of it. I am itchy, and found this mark today out of nowhere. I don't know if this is all in my head. I cannot afford an exterminator, and if my dad found out I may have accidentally infested us, he would kick me out. I have nowhere else to go. I've been sleeping maybe three hours a night. I cry hysterically because it feels like bugs are inside my skin. I've been reading the FAQs. I hope I don't have a few and have seen no sign of them....yet. I don't know if I'm causing myself hives or if it is allergies or acne or some other bug is biting me..thank you. I can't live like this. I know all bites are different, but the one I posted above is new today. Is there anything I can do for peace of mind?

3. mp7ski

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 4:03:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Stop and take a deep breath. How do you know for certain your cousins still have them or is that just your paranoia talking since you got a skin reaction. Skin reactions can be caused by a lot of different things so there's no way to confirm anything off of it. Even if your cousins have them still, do you know if they take precautons such as drying their clothing and such before leaving the house?

The best thing for you to do is to continue monitoring and stay calm. A lot of pcos will do a free inspection so you can always try that if you really want to. A k9 inspection is also an option but make sure they do a visual inspection if there are any hits from the dog as false positives happen often.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 13:28:39
    #

Login to Send PM

courtney24,

This site has a rule (link to forum rules) that we close threads where people talk about suicide, and refer posters to this thread ("If you are feeling suicidal or anxious") and the additional resources there. We are not trained counselors and not equipped to provide appropriate help with this here.

Depression and anxiety can be treated. Please seek professional help immediately. Call your therapist if you have one. Go to an ER or contact your regular doctor's emergency number if there is one. If you would like more resources, you can find them in this thread If you are feeling suicidal or anxious.

You are encouraged, whenever you feel ready, to start a new thread to discuss your situation regarding the bed bug scare. I hope it will reassure you that as the other poster noted, there are lots of possible causes of skin reactions (and most people who think they've found a bed bug and post a photo here actually find out it's something else. If you post to a new thread, we will have suggestions about how to prevent the spread.

However, the most important and urgent thing is to take care of your mental health and seek appropriate professional support for your suicidal feelings.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

253,386 posts in 40,546 topics over 123 months by 17,741 of 18,101 members. Latest: hopeful77, omgwhut, jadew077