help.. they are everywhere :(

(4 posts)
  1. bugeverywhere

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 6 2011 11:16:33
    #

Login to Send PM

we have been suffering from bed bugs for around 2 months now, GOD knows if they have been there longer than that..
    we tried many things, it seemed like it made them growing exponentially..

some people advised us to use Gas, it did not work, it is like they are invincible
    and the bites are another story,

i read many success stories in this forum, but i am not sure how did they do it, is there like steps i should follow or certain chemicals i should use?

any helpful comments will be appreciated..
    thank you

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 6 2011 12:00:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, what kind of gas?

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  3. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 6 2011 12:05:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Bugeverywhere,

Please don't feel like you have to post specific geographic details, but it might help if we knew the following information:

Do you own your own home or rent? If you own your own home, obviously the cost of all pest control will fall on you.

However, if you rent, in some cities in the United States, landlords may be responsible for the cost of hiring a professional to control any pests in the residence. Outside the US, I'm less familiar with local laws, but if you rent, you might contact a local tenants' rights organization to see who is responsible for treatment in the place that you live.

You also might search the forum for posts from other people who live where you live to see if someone has asked about the laws in that city before and gotten an answer.

I ask because bed bugs are not like roaches or ants that can often be successfully self-treated. Usually, getting rid of a bed bug infestation requires hiring a pest control professional who is experienced in dealing with bed bugs.

The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to do some research to find a local pest control operator (PCO) who has a track record of successfully getting rid of bed bug infestations.

In the meantime, I would strongly suggest reading the FAQs. There are a lot of them, and some of them are kind of long, but there's a lot of really, really valuable information in them. Since bed bugs are so hard to eradicate, the more you know about them, the better your chances of success in the fight against them.

A lot of people make mistakes by doing things that can make a bed bug problem worse simply because most of us aren't very well-educated about bed bugs. In a lot of countries, many of us grew up thinking bed bugs had been eliminated, so nobody told us that these bugs existed, let alone how to deal with them.

When you say that some people advised you to use gas, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean gasoline?

Using gasoline is obviously a very dangerous thing to do; it's highly flammable, and putting it all over your home puts you at a vastly increased risk for a fire.

Using foggers to treat bed bugs often makes an infestation worse. The details of that are covered in the FAQ.

I'd start reading through the FAQs with the first four links on that page I linked to above. And then I'd read these FAQs next. Those last links explain the protocols to follow to help prevent spreading bed bugs from your home to other places. That's important not only because you don't want to pass the bed bugs on to other people, but also because if you accidentally infest places that you go regularly, and those places become infested, you run a much greater risk of reinfesting your home after you've beaten the infestation at home.

4. bugeverywhere

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Sep 6 2011 13:19:44
    #

Login to Send PM

first of all, thank you very much,

to answer your 1st question, we own the house, its not rented,

and yeah i meant gasoline, and it was a bad experience,

i have contacted many different PCO but the thing is they are not really experienced as they think or clim they are, so i want to make sure that the treatment/materials they use is right and safe at same time,
    since there are many incidents where people were killed or badly affected by the treatments those companies used
    i live in saudi, if that could help. and i have checked for similar forum within my area for people that faced the same problem, unfortunately i couldn't find something really useful

ill go through the FAQ for sure, but reading many different articles made me a little bit confused,
    i was hoping that someone could share a successful experience or provide an affective method. that help me get rid of bugs once and forever

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.