Help no signs of bed bugs but bites and I'm scared

(16 posts)
  1. TaylorIHateBb

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 23:30:46
    #

Login to Send PM

OMG I'm sooo scared. First off I'm 13 so this is alot for me.

Ok so about August I went to bed and noticed I had 5 bumps I'm my stomach. Then when I woke up I had no more but at school I had a total of 13-19 that's when my mom got me to take me to the doctors and the doctor said its something random just let it run its course. I had no bites after that but I scratched the bumps now they are scars I have clusters of 3 on my back and a line of them on my stomach.

Now it's November. I told my mom. That I thought we had bed bugs. We looked and no signs of bed bugs or anything. Ok a week later I was about to put sheets on and I saw a little brown bug that looked like a bed bug and it was flat. I pulled the bed out and I couldn't get it in time it fell of my box spring. Then when we took of the box spring and everything I started lifting up stuff under my bed and under my gun case there was a really dark drown bug. I grabbed it and put it in my ziplock bag. I had my mom take it to the exterminator and he said that it was a flea because the size and color was off. We ended up getting rid of the bed because I was still a bit scared. Now I'm staying in a different room and I made that my office. The exterminator said to use some raid bed bugs and flea spray and vacuum really good on my floors. Oh also I have a dog in my room so he thought it was from that :D. I'm just wondering since I haven't seen any since 2 weeks after thanksgiving and it's now January 3 should I still be scared. I haven't found any sings on my new bud or anything. I've gone from straight A's and being a honor student and getting 10 hours of sleep a night to c's and d's and 3 hours of sleep a night

2. TaylorIHateBb

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 23:31:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh and it could be a bat bug because you used to have to go threw my old bed room (the one I was using at the time before all of this started) it get to the attic. There would be my dogs cage In front of that then next to it would be my night stand then next to that would be my bed. But do bat bugs reproduce on beds ect. Oh and you would ALWAYS hear bats in my old room. I would stay up till 2 and you would hear them. My parents never did anything tho. Oh and the door was never taped shut so they could crawl under the door. I have it all cealed up now.... Please help me guys. Are bat bugs normally darker than bed bugs because this one that I found was dark oh and it's not cockroches to small for that. Also guys I'm a clean freak you never find dust in my office or room or anything.

3. TaylorIHateBb

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 23:32:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Update I found some round blackish brown poop on my curtain. BUT it wa on the south side of my house whitch is my bed room and I saw 5-6 dead box elder bugs dead at the bottom of one side and like 4 on the floor.(they like to go there to get sun) Do you think it was that. STILL NO BED BUG SIGNS!!!! I need your help guys I went to my doctor today and I got some meds to help me sleep

4. TaylorIHateBb

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 23:33:55
    #

Login to Send PM

*shades not curtain

5. TaylorIHateBb

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 23:54:21
    #

Login to Send PM

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't gotten a good nights sleep for at least 9 weeks

6. TaylorIHateBb

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 4 2013 0:18:13
    #

Login to Send PM

OH and the stains mostly come durin the day because I found one last night before be on my shade. Then this morning nothing and when I came home from school today tere was on there on my shade to. Oh and it was on the part of the shade that faces out side. I don't open my shades during the days because it gets my dog got

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 4 2013 0:26:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you can take a picture and post we can help confirm the ID.

To differentiate between batbugs and bedbugs you need a close in focus image of the head. You will find tips in the green stickies.

If you can't get a clear picture a scanner may work better.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  8. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 4 2013 0:30:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Taylor, I know you are really scared but you need to let your parents and school nurse know if four aren't sleeping. You could send samples of bugs to your local university or post really good pics with a scanner here. I have to go.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  9. arianacassie

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 4 2013 0:33:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Taylor

First off im definitely not an expert but i can see your panic in your words so I thought i would reply. I think that the best thing to do would be to post a picture of the bug you caught. I would try and relax. there really is no way to tell its bedbugs from a bite. there has to be evidence, bugs, skins, fecal stains. Above in the main forum is the green area that is full of very helpful information. It can tell you how to look for signs and preventative measures. I think the best thing to do is speak again with your mom and tell her the stress you are feeling over this. Im sure she would help you inspect your bed and room properly to help calm yourself. In the mean time there is no reason to stress about what might not be. Meditating before bed is very relaxing way to fall asleep. there are plenty of sites that teach you methods of meditation. You are far to young to be dealing with something like this .

10. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 4 2013 0:53:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Taylor,

See my reply on the other thread.

Do you have photos of your bugs that you can post for ID purposes?

Let's make sure you actualy have bed bugs before we get scared and panic, OK ?

There are lot's of folks here who will help you, relax, you can beat this ! paul b.

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 4 2013 2:55:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Paul's response from the other thread:

P Bello - 2 hours ago  » 
    DNA testing for bed bugs is unreliable.
    Dear taylor,
    If it was fleas and you haven't seen any in two weeks or more you may be OK. At 13, you need to be concerned about going to school and getting good grades; not about having anxieties due to bugs.
    You can fashion a kwik - n-ez flea trap which you would place in rooms/areas you suspect have fleas. Also, check your dog carefully for fleas. Note that the areas that may seem difficult to inspect are likely the ones where you'll find the fleas and/or their fecal stains on your dog. Such areas include: the "arm pits" (that is if dogs have armpits), the base of the tail and the ah, er, "groinocological area" of your dog. Turn him over on his back, rub his belly and look carefully as you fold/push the hair back so you can see to the skin level. If you find fleas on him/her you'll need to have the dog treated for fleas, do a flea bath, etc.
    Make a flea trap: shallow baking dish, 1 tsp dishwashing liquid, water and a desk lamp. Fill the dish with about 3/4 inch of water, add 1 tsp dw soap, stir but avoid maing bubbles/suds, place dish on floor next to desk lamp, direct goose neck of lamp over dish such that light shines down on water. Fleas are attracted to warmth of light and jump into water where they sink. Check it each day to avoid total evaporation.
    With such a trap you will know if you have fleas provided you place it in the correct area.
    If you had bed bugs you would find evidence thereof when you inspect your bed, mattress, box spring (inside it too) and bed frame.
    Hope this helps you ! paul b.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 4 2013 3:05:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Taylor,

If I am reading you correctly you only ever saw ONE bug and this was back in November, and the pest control guy identified it as a flea. Is that correct? If so then it sounds like your problem might be fleas. They may be all gone but Paul's trap will help you figure that out.

A FAQ on determining if you have fleas with detailed directions for Paul's do it yourself flea trap plan here.

It doesn't sound like you found other bugs (correct me if I am wrong), but if you do, post a closeup photo. There can be bats without bat bugs (which aren't that common) and your mother or someone else should probably seal up the old bedroom so no more bats come into the home, just in case.

If you have had bites since November, there may still be fleas. The flea trap can help you figure this out and then hopefully your mom can take action.

Beyond that, I hope you will be able to get some sleep!

13. TaylorIHateBb

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 4 2013 9:11:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Update:

Ok last night it got to much and I went and talked to my mom I showed he the poop on the shades she looked at me and she laughed at me. We was like you know what those are from those are from those box elder bugs she took me down stairs into our pantry that's away from all bed rooms and she lifted up the shade. There was like 5 oh those. I asked her what it was and she said it was from box elder bugs there is nothing to worry about. Now I feel like I can sleep again finally.

Will keep you updated if something new happens

14. TaylorIHateBb

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 4 2013 17:52:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sorry guys if you think this was dumb I honestly thought it was bed bugs. After my mom showed me that it was from box elder bugs (witch almost everyone has in central United States) I calmed down. My mom, my step dad, and me all looked threw my room from what we read on the Internet and there was no signs that I had bed bugs. Thanks guys

15. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 4 2013 19:21:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Glad you have quickly seen its a false alarm and can hopefully put this behind you.

David

16. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jan 5 2013 4:35:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Good luck to you Taylor.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,448 posts in 46,580 topics over 142 months by 20,545 of 21,411 members. Latest: PrismArc, unclejohn, WheelBugger