HELP new here and no signs just bites

(7 posts)
  1. jessTired

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 20:09:18
    #

Login to Send PM

About 17 days ago I went out of town and stayed with a family friend. About 4 days after I came home I had 40+ bites show up some in a line 3-4 in a row , mostly on shoulders and hands and a few on toes which were all exposed.
    Of course I've never felt with this so I didn't held precautions and didn't keep everything off he bed or sepeated. A few more show up each day one or two and now my children have some on their hands and torso but husband has none.
    I've encased box springs and mattress, moved bed away from wall, searched everywhere for signs I see none, and I've done all the laundry at least 4 times.
    I just want it all to stop and I haven't seen anything in our apartment except carpet beetle larvae the furry stage in the barhroom and pantry.
    Please help. It's only been 17 days but this is making me go crazy it's all I think about.

2. Freakingout948

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 22:17:50
    #

Login to Send PM

In the same boat... literally the same exact, traveled now getting bites. I’m going to be following this thread. Wish I could help. Maybe get a PCO to inspect?

3. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Sun Dec 10 2017 19:22:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Where do you live?
    In some places the landlord has to pay for treatment.

Maybe try a passive monitor.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  4. bitethebullet

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Sun Dec 10 2017 23:38:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Jess,

First off, I can totally relate. Secondly, I would recommend getting climb-ups/ passive monitors. I’d been supposedly free and clear of bed bugs for 4 weeks and then had one crawl across me two nights ago. They are very, very good at hiding. My story is very similar to yours, we stayed with a family member 4 weeks ago, came home, left our stuff out for a week and then were told she had an infestation and it was too late at that point.

You should definitely have a PCO come out, they know where to look more than we do. Also, remember that while the bites suck, bed bugs don’t carry disease. They are a pest and can be eliminated with some work. We’re getting heat treatment on Tuesday and we too showed no signs until I physically saw one.

Last thing I’ll say is that I’ll definitely be doing a detox off my anxiety meds after this. It is very, very normal to be consumed with it. I would tell you not to stress but I know that’s impossible.

5. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 4 days ago
    Sun Dec 10 2017 23:54:57
    #

Login to Send PM

>You should definitely have a PCO come out, they know where to look more than we do.
    Get passives also.
    My landlord-supplied-PCO didn't find any either.
    Luckily (or unluckily) I had physical evidence of there existence.

6. jessTired

newbite

Posted 1 day ago
    Wed Dec 13 2017 19:22:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I got encasement for all boxsprings and mattresses.
    I also have the passive crawl ups on the post of bed.
    My daughter has a few bites on her hand too now but they don't look like mine. Very tine and don't bother her. I get a new one every couple days.
    I would love to get some help figuring this out but right now we don't have any money. I bought each child a $10 gift for Christmas and no tree this year. We spent it all on bedding and antibiotics for ear infections (no insurance).
    The lease says we have to pay for pest cost.
    In my mind I want this to be something else like a viral rash or hfm disease but I keep getting new ones. My husband just doesn't understand how this is eating at me.

7. jessTired

newbite

Posted 1 day ago
    Wed Dec 13 2017 19:23:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I have found several carpet beetle larvae in this residence. One was on shower wall and the other was on floor in pantry.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1