(6 posts)
  1. oh_bugger

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun May 14 2017 12:20:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all,

Just checked into a hotel in Barcelona and identified the following cast skin + stains. There is at least one fully intact leg which led me away from the usual carpet beetle mixup. It was enough to alarm me and seek out a room change from hotel staff but they are fully booked and cannot accommodate a room change.

Based on what I've photographed here, does anyone have ideas on whether I should seek a refund and find a new hotel? Time is of the essence as it is nearing evening. Thank you so much! Link to photo album:

https://m.imgur.com/a/Cjldz

Another couple photos of the cast skin with flash if it helps:

http://imgur.com/a/gq6Mg

Thank you so much!!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun May 14 2017 17:43:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Cast skin not bed bug related.

Stains do not appear to be faecal but due to the angle you took the image the focus is to the left of what is needed.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. oh_bugger

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun May 14 2017 18:47:27
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 59 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    Stains do not appear to be faecal but due to the angle you took the image the focus is to the left of what is needed.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I appreciate your insight. We ended up leaving for another hotel anyway as it was not worth the headache. I finally made the decision to switch hotels when I was inspecting the lining near some more stains and these skins fell out. I apologize for the poor quality, but out of pure curiosity does this look suspect to you at all in conjunction with the stains?

http://imgur.com/a/lsFh3

Thank you again..

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun May 14 2017 20:14:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

While the stains are close in colour they don't appear right in other ways, including the location which is too "out in the open".

David

5. F. Pazos

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun May 14 2017 20:35:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Agree with David,
    The stains may look similar to faecal, but weird to see that amount in the open, I would need an on site check to be completely sure.

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon May 15 2017 13:02:17
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 19 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

The insect is a silverfish nymph missing some legs, antennae, terminal filaments.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

263,721 posts in 42,630 topics over 128 months by 18,711 of 19,242 members. Latest: Brightly79, InaneVelocity, ElisaR