Help! I need somebody! Help!

(3 posts)
  1. evenmybrainitches

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 22:22:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay so long story short for at least a couple of months my boyfriend (we live together) has randomly woken up with bites. Sometimes once a week sometimes twice. Sometimes its one on his wrist. WE have two dogs. My dog who has been an inside dog his whole life and his dog who was an outside dog for 6 years and is now LIVING IN MY HOUSE..... So i assumed it was just something to do with his dog. Maybe it had fleas, maybe it had mites IDK! All I know is when I touch him for longer than 30 seconds my skin itches. Well this last time it my boyfriend woke up with three spots in a line on his neck... *Que me going in to hysteria*

I know after 72 hours of reading this website that we can't say I have bed bugs off of bites. I looked at the sheets and they were spotless, I looked at the mattress and it's spotless, I checked the box springs and didn't fin a thing. My head board is made of drift wood no fabric and it seemed fine as well. I haven't seen a bed bug or case or anything. I've moved all furniture in my house and same results. I've bagged all clothing and begun the wash and dry process. I combed through my carpet and found a carpet beetle larvae beside his end of the bed (I forgot to mention my BF has serious allergies and I wouldn't be surprised if he was allergic to that as well.

Now during my I'm not relying on carpet beetle allergy rampage I checked all of the outlets in the room and only found another larvae casing. Then I began searching the living room. I found a few blood splatters and what looks like two blood smear streaks. Checked the outlet that its near and didn't find anything. (this was all last night). It's a two story house and my best friend live is the bedroom up there. She also hasn't had any marks and no sign of bugs (I know that doesn't mean much). I tried to sleep and managed three hours and counted down until 8am when all of the pest control people opened. One guy stayed on the phone with me and was extremely nice. He even let me cry a little and told me he understood (bless him). He wanted to come friday, look a little and spray. It's $400 dollars and then $50 for the follow up and 100% guaranteed everything. If it needed more treatments after that they would be free and continue until all was clear and he told me he uses (neonictoids..spellcheck) but doesn't use heat or anything else. He also told me I didn't need to bag up all of my laundry which made me really worried.I began to worry after I hung with him that 1. That was cheap 2. That wasn't very thorough to me. He was incredibly nice though. I called someone else. They specialize in the Heat Treatment and have good reviews. I called and they come do a free evaluation and go from there. That is tomorrow. We've only lived here for 6 months and there was no history of them being here before that. (the landlord is a family friend and my friend lived there before me) They didn't even know the signs or treatment for BB so they honestly have never dealt with it. If this is the issue do you feel I've caught it early? Was I right to panic when I saw these things? I haven't slept in days, I cry every ten minutes I think, and just generally I feel like my world is falling apart. My mom comes over every Sunday and now I'm terrified that she might have them too! Help! Advice welcome! I'm trying to breathe and think I'll know for sure tomorrow but I've read too many horror stories on here. And then I read a success story that ended up not being so successful and now im in full on panic.

2. evenmybrainitches

newbite

Posted 5 days ago
    Tue Dec 5 2017 22:32:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Also I forgot to mention our dogs sometimes fight...bad where they're bleeding( his dog is aggressive and we may have to put him down due to other things as well) so first thought was maybe the dogs are the blood but I decided nope. Stop hoping for the best and realize its probably the worst

3. Bedbugmom41

Posted 3 days ago
    Thu Dec 7 2017 21:31:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Carpet beetle larvae can cause rashes.
    I would also do a flea check with the dogs.
    A PCO is coming tomorrow. Try to get some sleep. You will need it should you have to go in "war" mode.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,596 posts in 43,507 topics over 131 months by 19,061 of 19,650 members. Latest: lexie0490, onyva, Ruth989