HELP FOUND BUG ON ME TODAY AT SCHOOL

(7 posts)
  1. HELP27

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 8 2011 17:26:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I was sitting in school in my last period of the day when I found a little brownish bug crawling on the middle front of my big sweater. I freaked out and squished it immediately so now I do not remember exactly what it looked like jun that it was maybe a 1/4 of and inch and had a little head. I checked my entire mattress and found nothing whatsoever! Please help!!!

2. jrbtnyc

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 8 2011 17:38:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Non-expert view: since you only posted this a short while ago, do you maybe still have the squished crawly, in a paper towel or something? If so, don't throw it away! Post a photo here. Even though it's squished the experts can usually ID it, especially if you're able to provide a good, sharp, up-close photo of it, with a coin, ruler, or even a fingertip in the photo for size comparison.

If you can't retrieve the squished crawly, then just start keeping a watch for any others, and remember to save them next time, preferably live or not squished of course, and post a photo.

Also keep track of whether you or anyone else at home get bites. How many people live in your home? Not everyone reacts to bed bug bites, but if, say, a month from now, no one in your family has gotten any bites, it would be *likely* in my opinion you don't have any bb's at home, and the one (if indeed it was a bb) you found on yourself at school was merely a lone stray from some other source such as your bus to school or wherever.

3. HELP27

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 8 2011 18:12:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay I like completely squished it so i don't but I will definitely keep an eye out...are there any other bugs that look like that? and why would it be crawling on me in the daytime like that and at the end of the day too?

4. HELP27

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 19:06:59
    #

Login to Send PM

??

5. blargg

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 19:18:37
    #

Login to Send PM

How many bugs are brown with a small head?... hmm, I'd guess thousands of different kinds.

You inspected your place thoroughly. Hence, bedbugger.com has helped you to become educated. You've done all you can do.

If you are still freaked out, just keep your eyes peeled and take pics if you're unsure.

6. jrbtnyc

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 19:20:14
    #

Login to Send PM

There are lots of species of beetles, for instance, it could have been. Such as a spider beetle. If you type « "spider beetle" » on Google and then click « Images » at the top you get...

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22spider%20beetle%22&hl=en&num=100&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=815&bih=942 .

Did the crawly you saw look like any of those images?

7. HELP27

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 21:56:08
    #

Login to Send PM

okay i do not think the legs were as long as that but ill keep an eye and be careful. thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

191,184 posts in 29,410 topics over 90 months by 12,684 of 19,943 members. Latest: andersoncruz, glinsar, WhoCares2014