Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Help! A bed bug may have made it's way into my house!

(3 posts)
  1. lob5ter

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 8:34:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I had some car trouble yesterday on my way back from a road trip and stayed at a cheap motel while it was being worked on (I was only there for maybe 4 to 6 hours). When I got home, I went straight to sleep in my recliner, and when I woke up this morning found two peculiar bites on my side that look like bed bug bites. If they are bed bugs, and one got in my house, it would have just gotten into my house last night. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this problem before an infestation starts?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 9:30:31
    #

Login to Send PM

If it is even bed bug related bites can take some time to develop into skin irritations, so there may not be any issue at your house.
    A passive monitor may give you peace of mind, but I don't think there's any evidence that it was bed bugs.

What whispers the whisker?
  3. lob5ter

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Mar 20 2017 18:21:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the response. I know it hasn't been confirmed that I actually have bed bugs yet. However, I was hoping I could do some home remedy now, so that if I did bring back bed bugs, that would get rid of them instead of waiting until the problem is bad enough to confirm it is bed bugs, but by then I may have to start hiring exterminators and getting rid of furniture to get rid of them.

Everything I've read said it is best to treat this problem as soon as possible. Is there any harm in treating the problem before even confirming for sure that you have it?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

261,487 posts in 42,163 topics over 127 months by 18,504 of 18,994 members. Latest: amybooks, imbuggingout, Okiguess