Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Have we got bed bugs or fleas? Please help!

(6 posts)
  1. josam

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed May 17 2017 20:02:17
    #

Login to Send PM

We're confused as to what the issue is with my daughters bed. We've tried sprayed and a bomb but hasn't fixed the issue.
    These pics are of her bites and some marks on her mattress that I'm sure weren't there a few weeks ago.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed May 17 2017 23:47:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Call a good pro in your area and get a bed bug inspection. If I thought my kid was being bit by something and I had no clue, that's what I would do.

3. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu May 18 2017 10:46:21
    #

Login to Send PM

What KillerQueen said, but don't use the "bomb" anymore. If it turns out you do have bed bugs, a bomb can spread them.

Richard

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu May 18 2017 11:54:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The marks on the fabric are not consistent with bed bugs.

The locations of the skin reactions in the lower back are also not indicative of bed bugs.

I think you need to hold off with the treatments until you know what you are trying to kill / resolve and to also keep your mind open to the fact that it might not actually be insect based at all.

I would have a look through the FAQ on inspections and detection and look at conducting a thorough inspection of the sleeping area and document anything you suspect as confirming bed bugs.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. josam

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 6:10:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you - but if not bed bugs, what could it be? Does it look like fleas? It's only affecting my daughter out of our family of 4.

She's getting bites all over her torso (except upper back) and some upper arms - but no where else on her limbs.

bed-bugscouk - 2 days ago  » 
    Hi,
    The marks on the fabric are not consistent with bed bugs.
    The locations of the skin reactions in the lower back are also not indicative of bed bugs.
    I think you need to hold off with the treatments until you know what you are trying to kill / resolve and to also keep your mind open to the fact that it might not actually be insect based at all.
    I would have a look through the FAQ on inspections and detection and look at conducting a thorough inspection of the sleeping area and document anything you suspect as confirming bed bugs.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun May 21 2017 6:15:30
    #

Login to Send PM

josam - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you - but if not bed bugs, what could it be? Does it look like fleas? It's only affecting my daughter out of our family of 4.
    She's getting bites all over her torso (except upper back) and some upper arms - but no where else on her limbs.

Have you set out monitors of any type such as climb-ups, glue boards, folded fabric, paper, etc.?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

257,327 posts in 41,281 topics over 125 months by 18,087 of 18,507 members. Latest: Andem, anxietyJeff, gotquestions