Have some questions...please help.

(4 posts)
  1. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Jul 15 2017 3:55:24
    #

Login to Send PM

OK I have a few questions...First off Ive been dealing with bed bugs off and on for over 3 years.Got rid of them the first time after 2 heat Treatments.I live in a house.Was bed bug free for over 2 years.Then found another bug on me after allowing my brother and best friend in my house.We had our 3rd heat treatment about a month and a half ago.Havent seen any bugs or bite marks on my boys(They react to the bites really bad)since.We only seen that one bug on me and my brother had just been sitting on my bed where I was at.It could have been the only bug but I wasnt risking it.Now we arent allowing anyone to come in our house ever again.I'm praying we finally took care of the problem.We have around 45 days left of our warranty.I'm so scared that the warranty is going to run out and then we find a bed Bug.Is there something I can do to make sure we dont have them?I've been wanting to get those traps that go under the feet of the bed but I Have a few questions about them also.Ive read up a little about them and I know if the bug is in the outer part of the trap then that means they came from somewhere else in the house.If they are in the middle part then they came from my bed.My question is if they climb down my bed leg and get in the middle then won't they climb right back up the leg and into my bed again?Am I suppose to be puting something in the middle part that will kill them?What's the best traps to buy and where?We had put DE down all around our bed and head boards and everywhere around my bed when we first had them over 3 years ago.I bought Cimexa (Read on here it was way better than DE)and a dust sprayer thing from Amazon and got it all the other Day.My questions about it are:Do I need to vacuum up the DE before putting the Cimexa everywhere?I also read Somewhere that the Cimexa last like 10 years if it isnt bothered.I always use a spray bottle of alcohol in the cracks of Mt bed and everywhere around my bed too.If the Cimexa gets wet from alcohol will it still be good?I read that if the bed bugs go through the Cimexa that it kills them right away?Is that true?If not how long does it take for the bed bugs to die after going through it?I've had my bed pulled away from head board since finding the last bed bug on me 45 days ago.My head board is huge.It has a lot of cabinets and stuff in it and it takes up a whole wall in my room.Once the Cimexa is put down everywhere do you think its safe to put my bed back up against my head board?OK and last few questions.Ive heard of a lot of people putting tape around the bed???How do I do that?Do you just start wrapping it along the bottom of your mattress? What kind of tape is best to do it in and where can I buy it?I really appreciate this website and all the people that volunteer their time to come on here daily to answer everyones questions and to give us tips and talk with us...When I first got bed bugs I had never even seen one and I didnt know a thing about them.I was freaking out and I felt so alone..I started googling and looking up stuff about the bugs.Then I was led here and I am so thankful that I did.Just having people to talk to and hearing everyone elses stories made me feel so much better and Realize I wasn't so alone.I will continue to come back here even when I'm bed bug free to help others..I just wish everyone good luck with these horrible bed bugs.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Jul 15 2017 23:55:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been wanting to get those traps that go under the feet of the bed but I Have a few questions about them also.Ive read up a little about them and I know if the bug is in the outer part of the trap then that means they came from somewhere else in the house.If they are in the middle part then they came from my bed.My question is if they climb down my bed leg and get in the middle then won't they climb right back up the leg and into my bed again?Am I suppose to be puting something in the middle part that will kill them?

Climbup Interceptors have talc in them which makes them slippery and the bugs are supposed to be trapped due to that. You need to top up the talc every three weeks or so if you buy this type. Blackout Detectors are similar and I understand they don't require or contain the talc.

Packtite Passive monitors are also popular around here but are not traps, and the creator doesn't recommend mixing them with interceptor style traps.

Cimexa may be more effective than DE, according to some research, but many experts still choose to use DE. So swapping that out may not be necessary. I can't advise on its use, but it's probably best to remove the DE carefully if you insist on using Cimexa instead.

OK and last few questions.Ive heard of a lot of people putting tape around the bed???How do I do that?Do you just start wrapping it along the bottom of your mattress? What kind of tape is best to do it in and where can I buy it?

I don't see our experts recommending tape. So I would probably not go that route.

I want to remind you of our prior discussion. You had said you have only seen one bug and no other signs (no fecal stains found by you or an inspector when searching). That to me sounds like you don't have bed bugs now. Bed bugs defecate every time they feed, so if they are present, you should find fecal stains if you look, especially after a while.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Jul 17 2017 0:29:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes I have not seen any signs at all...Nothing!!!But seeing that one bug on me after 2 and half years and not seeing anything has me really freaked out...I keep being told that my brother or friend brought them back in the house but mind keeps wondering "What if I had them the whole time?"like can they hide for that long??I just dont get it..The only reason Im set on using the Cimexa instead of the DE is because I heard the Cimexa kills them quickly and the DE doesn't.Is that true??

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Jul 18 2017 0:57:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Again, even if Cimexa is better than DE in some ways, several experts here still prefer DE. I don't think changing to Cimexa is going to change your outcomes.

If you had bed bugs for two years solid, and you had a pregnant female or a male and female, you'd have a very large number of bed bugs now-- there would be no question.

If you had one single bed bug for two years, and it was unable to reproduce, it would bite once every 3-7 days. So at least 104 times. At least. Every time it bit, it would defecate nearby. Unless there's a vision impairment involved, you would be able to find these fecal stains. More importantly, an inspector would.

You have not had bed bugs for 2 years. They do not "hide" in the way you think.

It's even possible the single bug you did see recently wasn't a bed bug. Regardless, if it is dead or gone, I would assume none are present if there are no visual signs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

259,592 posts in 41,774 topics over 127 months by 18,321 of 18,789 members. Latest: Murtyz, Winnie93x, buggyname