Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Have no evidence, but I am getting bit by something! What could it be?

(3 posts)
  1. bedbugscangodie

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jan 8 2011 23:04:09
    #

Login to Send PM

A week ago, I was bitten twice in the wrist area that looked like mosquito bites. It's winter here, so I figured they were flea bites, or bed bugs. After that I wasn't bit at all, until 6 days after! I was bit once in the leg, like another mosquito bite. I checked everywhere for bed bugs (seams of mattress etc) and their eggs, poop, blood stains, and there are none of that!
    Today I was bit in the hip area once. I don't think I have fleas, I put a bowl of water with soap under a nightlight for a couple days, and no fleas were found.

My mom has also been getting a couple bites (randomly, not in clusters that bed bugs leave) and her room is about 30 feet away from mine.
    The day I first started getting bites, I was on winter break, and I didn't go anywhere except to volunteer at a children's museum (no vacations, friends coming over etc), so i couldn't have picked up bed bugs. I don't have any pets.

This is really annoying, and frustrating, it seems like bed bugs. But there should be at least some kind of sign after a week! No feces, or dead bugs from me crushing them anywhere! I have turned my beds over and cleaned, and not a single speck! My mom doesn't have any signs either. And all day long, I feel like bugs are crawling on me, but I'm sure that's my imagination and paranoia, since they never seem to leave bites, and I can't seem them.

Again, I don't have a reason to believe I picked up bed bugs anywhere, because I haven't been anywhere that week I started getting bites.

2. sandibug

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jan 9 2011 0:04:54
    #

Login to Send PM

We have not seen any evidence either and my daughter and I have been bitten for 3+ weeks now. However she was also being bit at school and we never really put it all together especially because no one else on her floor complained. I had an exterminator come in and do an inspection and i've torn the bedrooms apart- nothing! We are being treated anyway because we know what the bites are. I thought if we caught it early we could be more successful. Well we had or second treatment Thurs. and things do seem better but i also kind of feel itchy throughout the day - not really like things are crawling on me but i may get a red spot here and there that itches but they don't really look like bites. So all I want to say is,as you may have read, you don't always see evidence. In my area companies will come out and do free inspections maybe you could try that. Good luck.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jan 9 2011 20:35:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I recommend employing some detection methods. See our FAQ on that.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.