Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

Happy Thanksgiving

(19 posts)
  1. Daylight

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 14:35:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and a special thanks to our wonderful host, Nobugsonme, for creating, maintaining, and enhancing the forum.

This is a safe and supportive place for all who seek help and reliable information in order to work through the obstacles associated with bed bugs. I appreciate this site and the wealth of experience and expertise that Nobugs has assembled for us. Much thanks also to all the experts (Includes all PCO's, K-9's, etc.).

Thank you, Nobugs, you rock!!!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 14:59:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate it.

In the UK it will simply be Thursday and I have part 3 of a screening project to conduct which is in conjunction with a University to better understand the dynamics of an infestation in a residential care setting. Its the kind of project that often gets converted into a paper once the genetic data is mapped into the project data.

I will be thinking about you all having you celebrations.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

3. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 15:55:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Happy Thanksgiving to my USA friends. Happy Thursday to the rest of you.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  4. Daylight

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 16:25:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Above I wrote:

Thank you, Nobugs, you rock!!!

I just read it and noticed that it should have been written:

Thank you, Nobugs. You rock!!! (or I could have written: Thank you, Nobugs; you rock!!!)

But the bottom line is, she improves the quality of our lives through her dedication to this forum.

5. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 16:29:15
    #

Login to Send PM

cilecto -  » 
    Happy Thanksgiving to my USA friends. Happy Thursday to the rest of you.

LOL! What cilecto said!!

6. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 17:23:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Happy Turkey/Thanksgiving day to all in the US, happy Thursday to all folks elsewhere.

Regardless of where you are, it is always a good time to reflect on things you are thankful for. I found this especially helpful during my trauma. It really helped to sit back and think about how grateful I was for my family, my friends, my job, my home (bb free or not), my health. I also thought about people in much, much, worse situations. People with diseases, living in poverty, living in wars, etc.

It's easy to see your situation as the center of the universe when you are going through a bb situation. It's a very good idea to take a wider view. This is just a bug. There a so many worse things in this world. Be bless full for what you have and try to make a better world around you.

Much love,
    BIS

7. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 19:05:56
    #

Login to Send PM

When you look at it, Thanksgiving is kinda-sorta a weird word isn't it? But, we've all been used to hearing it since we were all little kids. Thanksgiving, giving thanks.

As per the passage below, FDR made it law and established it as a permanent holiday in the US back in 1941.
    (source wikpedia)
    Thanksgiving, currently celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November by federal legislation in 1941, has been an annual tradition in the United States by presidential proclamation since 1863 and by state legislation since the Founding Fathers of the United States. Historically, Thanksgiving has traditionally been a celebration of the blessings of the (agricultural) year, including the harvest.

Several countries outside the US celebrate a similar holiday according to online sources but not all.

Wouldn't it be cool if everyone did all on the same day?

Wouldn't it be cool if everyone could get along like John Lennon suggested in "Imagine"?

Hell, we can't all get along just on this friggin Forum so how the heck are we supposed to get along as humans on a global basis???

Best wishes to all for a bug free Thanksgiving ! ! !

pjb

8. Mmm

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 20:36:23
    #

Login to Send PM

buggyinsyracuse - 3 hours ago  » 
    Happy Turkey/Thanksgiving day to all in the US, happy Thursday to all folks elsewhere.
    Regardless of where you are, it is always a good time to reflect on things you are thankful for. I found this especially helpful during my trauma. It really helped to sit back and think about how grateful I was for my family, my friends, my job, my home (bb free or not), my health. I also thought about people in much, much, worse situations. People with diseases, living in poverty, living in wars, etc.
    It's easy to see your situation as the center of the universe when you are going through a bb situation. It's a very good idea to take a wider view. This is just a bug. There a so many worse things in this world. Be bless full for what you have and try to make a better world around you.
    Much love,
    BIS

Very well said! This is what I am telling myself right now...I will enjoy this time with my family regardless of my current issues, because it really could be worse. BIS, hope you're not getting all the snow we are here! Happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate! and thank you all for the support and advice you are all so kind to give.

9. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 20:44:02
    #

Login to Send PM

BIS, hope you're not getting all the snow we are here!

Not too bad at the time. Mostly slushy. Hubby had to fly through JFK to get home and miraculously there were no delays! Stay warm and cozy!

10. Mmm

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 20:47:59
    #

Login to Send PM

buggyinsyracuse - 1 minute ago  » 

BIS, hope you're not getting all the snow we are here!

Not too bad at the time. Mostly slushy. Hubby had to fly through JFK to get home and miraculously there were no delays! Stay warm and cozy!

Very slushy here too! At least we aren't getting what Buffalo got last week, lol...

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 23:35:07
    #

Login to Send PM

P Bello - 4 hours ago  » 
    Wouldn't it be cool if everyone did all on the same day?
    Wouldn't it be cool if everyone could get along like John Lennon suggested in "Imagine"?
    Hell, we can't all get along just on this friggin Forum so how the heck are we supposed to get along as humans on a global basis???

As Gandhi said,

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

I think we can all do that.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 26 2014 23:37:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't put it better than my old forum pal Cilecto, Happy Thanksgiving, to those who are celebrating, and happy Thursday to everyone else!

Daylight-- I can't take credit for assembling any expertise here-- it was completely self-selection.
    Thanks to all who share their expertise, support, time, friendliness and humor with us.

13. NY Bug Man

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 27 2014 0:09:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Lets take this time out to slow down our busy lives and reflect on what we do have. Be blessed for family, friends, health, and happiness. Don't forget, someone, somewhere is happy with less than what you have! Cherish every moment!

14. Daylight

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 27 2014 12:22:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Above I wrote:

I appreciate this site and the wealth of experience and expertise that Nobugs has assembled for us.

In my haste to write, I didn't consider my words carefully enough. I meant to say that because this site was created by Nobugs, the experiences and expertise of all those who join and post are shared with whomever reads this forum. Without the site, I would be wandering in cyberspace trying to find answers to my questions.

I know that all who join and/or view the site have discovered it on their own, just like I did. I am grateful for this privilege. During the stressful times of dealing with bb's, this site is a welcoming and reassuring place. Nobugs keeps the site safe and maintains it with dignity and civility.

I hope that explains my thoughts better. I just wanted to express my thanks.

15. Freaked Fighter

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 27 2014 13:47:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs,
    Don't sell yourself short. Without this site there would be a lot more bald folks out there (as in 'I've lost my mind to the point of ripping out my own hair'). No offense to those of you who are bald. I find it sexy in some and others just don't have a choice (my cousin went through chemo/radiation for breast cancer but she is strong and beat it).
    So we all do need to take a moment and be thankful, for Thanksgiving or Thursday. And Nobugs, you are responsible for a lot of our sanity, via this site! I know I would have none left if it weren't for Bedbuggers! It took awhile (I can be slow as times) but Thank You!

And thank you, all of you, for your great questions, answers, support, feedback, and so much more.

Happy Thanksgiving
    Happy Thursday

NOT AN EXPERT but a survivor, twice. Read all the green stickies above, learn everything you can, and listen to the expert advice and your nightmare will end. You too can survive this!
  16. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Nov 27 2014 14:00:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Daylight and Freaked Fighter,
    I appreciate your kind words.

17. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Nov 29 2014 15:58:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all and if you don't celebrate it well, stuff it .....
    Don't forget to check your hotel rooms and kids don't bring them home.

18. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Nov 29 2014 23:08:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend. A Thanks to you, Nobugs...

And to my internet BFFs forever, Abs and BIS.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  19. bbcomox

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Nov 30 2014 1:14:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you scored some deals at Black Friday.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,362 posts in 46,556 topics over 141 months by 20,532 of 21,395 members. Latest: Bedbugvaca, jidhvs1, Darrellkking