Griffin Pest Control - complete waste of $1600

(7 posts)
  1. Apache11

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Nov 11 2017 15:21:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a rental duplex that had bed bugs the middle of last year. After getting the tenants out, I gutted everything. All carpet, furniture, everything. I put down DT earth three times, sprayed a few times, etc... replaced all flooring with laminate.

Well, I got new tenants and the bugs came back. I hired Griffin Pest Control because they seemed confident in getting rid of them. IT WAS $1,600.

After the first spray the bigs came back almost immediately. They have a three month warranty, so they came back. Second spray, say thing. Third spray, the bugs just came right back.

I called them and they recommended ADDITIONAL treatments, and even bug sniffing dogs for MORE MONEY.

I don't know what i paid for. Seems like they did nothing. My poor tenants had to move everything THREE times, just for the bugs to come back like nothing happened.

What do I do now?

2. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 15:24:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe the new tenants have an infested car or something.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
  3. bugged-cdn

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 16:08:04
    #

Login to Send PM

If the tenants moved their stuff out, then the place was treated, and the tenants came back with their stuff, it's entirely possible that the bugs were brought back with the tenants' belongings. Usually PCOs do not want anything removed from the premises before treatment -- even carting stuff out to discard it can spread bugs to rooms where they weren't established before.

4. thirdusername

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 19:01:21
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 2 hours ago  » 
    If the tenants moved their stuff out, then the place was treated, and the tenants came back with their stuff, it's entirely possible that the bugs were brought back with the tenants' belongings.

I read it that there were new tenants but it wasn't clear.

5. mp7ski

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 21:45:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Ahhh.... Another good old Michigan pest control company. I've talked to them personally. They're a joke... As are most outside of a few in the Detroit area. I've had discussions with almost all of them(not in the Detroit area). Rose pest solutions is better but the Michigan offices are way behind their Chicago office in terms of treating for bed bugs. They've lied and BSd me straight to my face. I don't trust any of them.

Not sure what good a K9 would do you since you know the bugs are still there, I wouldn't waste my money. Good luck with whatever you do, I commend you for caring enough to try and resolve the issue, a lot of landlords don't.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  6. bugged-cdn

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 12:12:01
    #

Login to Send PM

How are things going, mp7ski?

7. mp7ski

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Nov 13 2017 18:50:32
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 6 hours ago  » 
    How are things going, mp7ski?

I'll update my thread so I don't hijack this one.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7